Occasional Contributor

I need the recipe for 8 Cheese mac and Cheese.  I can't find it.  Some one please help..

Thanks, Ellen

Honored Contributor

The recipe is available on GOOGLE

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Ellen Dunning  Justapinch.com has one that looks promising. Youtube has one as well😁.

Good luck, and happy cooking!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: 8 cheese Mac and Cheese

[ Edited ]

8-Cheese Mac & Cheese

David Venable, Carole Haffey, one of QVC's talented food stylists, brought us this special recipe for 8-Cheese Mac & Cheese. We just had to share it with all of you!

Prep Time: 30 Minutes Serves: 12–14 Servings

• 1 lb campanelle pasta
  • 2 (15-oz) jars Alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese, divided
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
  • 1 cup shredded gruyere
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella, divided
  • 1 lb fresh mozzarella, cut in 1/2" slices

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water (until chilled), and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the pasta.

Divide the heavy cream between the two emptied Alfredo jars, then place the lids back on and shake the jars. This will remove the rest of the Alfredo sauce from the jars. Pour the heavy cream over the pasta and Alfredo sauce in the mixing bowl. Next, add 1/2 cup of the Italian-blend cheese, all the cheddar, all the gruyere, and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella. Stir all the ingredients together. Transfer to a deep, 13" x 9" baking dish.

Top the mac and cheese with the remaining 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese and the remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella. Lay the slices of fresh mozzarella over the shredded cheeses.

Cover the baking dish, first with a piece of plastic wrap and then with a piece of foil. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil and the plastic wrap and bake for an additional 15–20 minutes, until it's bubbling all over.

If you're using a convection oven, the top will be golden brown. If you're using a conventional oven, the top will only be slightly brown. To brown it further, broil for a few minutes once it's done baking. Remove from the oven and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

8-CheeseMacandCheese_325x325..jpg

https://www.qvc.com/recipes/8-cheese-mac---cheese.html

Honored Contributor

Call me crazy, but I can count and I only count 4 types of cheese in the above recipe, if you want to count the mozzarella twice (shredded and fresh), that's still only 5 types of cheese, not 8.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Call me crazy, but I can count and I only count 4 types of cheese in the above recipe, if you want to count the mozzarella twice (shredded and fresh), that's still only 5 types of cheese, not 8.

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Your right it's still not 8 different cheeses. Still has 4 1/2 cups of different shredded cheese plus a pound of mozzarella? That's a lot of cheese.

Did not check to see what's in the Italian cheese blend?

We like Masterbuilt's 4 Cheese Smoked Mac n' Cheese.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz  "Serves: 12–14 ServingsSmiley Surprised 

That is a LOT of mac & cheese.  The baking dish must weigh more than I do. 

And by the way, I am NOT putting plastic wrap in no oven.  I don't care if it is covered w/aluminum foil.

That recipe only lists 4 cheeses.  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It looks like a delicious recipe! The addition of the Alfredo sauce is quite interesting. I have never used that in my lasagna.👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

New Contributor
You're right I thought the same thing!
There's NOT 8 cheeses in it unless there's 4 more cheeses in the Italian blend.
I am also wondering if the plastic wrap will melt into the mac and cheese when cooking? Because I have NEVER cooked with it on anything, and I don't use it because I NEVER thought it clinged properly and have always loved Press n Seal (but I don't cook with it on things).
So if I made it I would leave the plastic wrap off.
Honored Contributor

I have loved mac and cheese since I was a little girl, but I like it simple.  Only colby or cheddar; the cheese can be stirred in and melted in the pot, or baked in the oven.   

The idea of complicating a food I like, with a ton of different cheeses, does not appeal to me at all.  I eat very little cheese; mainly just with pasta and pizza.