Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,043
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities


@mtc wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mtc wrote:

I know I used to post these occassionally from the late, great Tablespoon so I was happy to get this from The Country Cook.  All sorts of great recipes, some tried and true and some new . . . enjoy!

 

https://www.thecountrycook.net/4th-of-july-recipes/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_7_2_2018_14_35_COPY_01)&mc_c...


@mtc

 

Thank you!!!  Oh my word that crock pot Chocolate spoon cake is calling to me!!!!Heart


@mtc You make it, I'll bring the coffee!Smiley Happy


Hee @ECBG  I am afraid we have to look to our friend @tiny 2  as since I moved I am sadly out of crock pots (not enough room after downsizing) but if you bring the coffee I'll kick in say maybe Bailey's Irish Creme? . . . Smiley Wink


@mtc DH MAKES Bailey's!!!!!!!  Not hard.  He uses the blender, sweetened condensed milk and burbon.

Shall I ask him?Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,718
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities


@ECBG wrote:

@mtc wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mtc wrote:

I know I used to post these occassionally from the late, great Tablespoon so I was happy to get this from The Country Cook.  All sorts of great recipes, some tried and true and some new . . . enjoy!

 

https://www.thecountrycook.net/4th-of-july-recipes/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_7_2_2018_14_35_COPY_01)&mc_c...


@mtc

 

Thank you!!!  Oh my word that crock pot Chocolate spoon cake is calling to me!!!!Heart


@mtc You make it, I'll bring the coffee!Smiley Happy


Hee @ECBG  I am afraid we have to look to our friend @tiny 2  as since I moved I am sadly out of crock pots (not enough room after downsizing) but if you bring the coffee I'll kick in say maybe Bailey's Irish Creme? . . . Smiley Wink


@mtc DH MAKES Bailey's!!!!!!!  Not hard.  He uses the blender, sweetened condensed milk and burbon.

Shall I ask him?Smiley Happy


@ECBG  the more the merrier my friend but I don't have a lot of room on my balcony so we may have to move the festivities elsewhere . . . maybe closer to the blender? . . . Smiley Very Happy

 

HEE!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,043
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities


@mtc wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@mtc wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mtc wrote:

I know I used to post these occassionally from the late, great Tablespoon so I was happy to get this from The Country Cook.  All sorts of great recipes, some tried and true and some new . . . enjoy!

 

https://www.thecountrycook.net/4th-of-july-recipes/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_7_2_2018_14_35_COPY_01)&mc_c...


@mtc

 

Thank you!!!  Oh my word that crock pot Chocolate spoon cake is calling to me!!!!Heart


@mtc You make it, I'll bring the coffee!Smiley Happy


Hee @ECBG  I am afraid we have to look to our friend @tiny 2  as since I moved I am sadly out of crock pots (not enough room after downsizing) but if you bring the coffee I'll kick in say maybe Bailey's Irish Creme? . . . Smiley Wink


@mtc DH MAKES Bailey's!!!!!!!  Not hard.  He uses the blender, sweetened condensed milk and burbon.

Shall I ask him?Smiley Happy


@ECBG  the more the merrier my friend but I don't have a lot of room on my balcony so we may have to move the festivities elsewhere . . . maybe closer to the blender? . . . Smiley Very Happy

 

HEE!


@mtc Sweetie, I meant would you like the recipe?  Girl talk and he don't mix!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,718
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities

Oh @ECBG SNORT, ooopie!  Thank you for the offer but as it's just me now I couldn't even begin to tell you where my blender is since I moved!  Grin

 

Hee!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,043
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities


@mtc wrote:

Oh @ECBG SNORT, ooopie!  Thank you for the offer but as it's just me now I couldn't even begin to tell you where my blender is since I moved!  Grin

 

Hee!


@mtc Not to worry.  You could easily whisk it.  Have a whisk?  Blenders weren't always around.  We'll "Julia Childs" it!!!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,586
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities



Hee @ECBG  I am afraid we have to look to our friend @tiny 2  as since I moved I am sadly out of crock pots (not enough room after downsizing) but if you bring the coffee I'll kick in say maybe Bailey's Irish Creme? . . . Smiley Wink


@mtc DH MAKES Bailey's!!!!!!!  Not hard.  He uses the blender, sweetened condensed milk and burbon.

Shall I ask him?Smiley Happy


@ECBG@mtc, Go look at the beautiful photo...ICE CREAM on top but I will take some of the coffee and Bailey's. @mtc  You should get one of the tiny 1.5 qt oval crock pots. Proctor Silex 1.5 Quart Portable Oval Slow Cooker | Model# 33111Y

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,586
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

 


@ECBG  Will you post your potato salad recipe?


@proudlyfromNJ 

 

I'd be happy to, but being southern our tastes may differ.    I do use Dukes Dukes mayonnaise.  If I can't find it (never!), I would use Hellmann's mayonnaise. Other products have water and give a goopy product.

 

Potato Salad

 

Number of russet potatoes as people plus 2

 (Fist size)  We will assume 6 people, 8 potatoes.

 

About 40 % large jar of Dukes mayo

Prepared mustard.

Salt, pepper

6 hard boiled eggs (we're a heart family. I discard yolks).

1/2 Jar rough chopped sweet or (dill) pickles.

 

 

Wash and boil whole unpeeled potatoes in water, only until fork tender, may feel "doughy".

 

Hard boil eggs. 

 

Put potatoes on paper towels.

With oven mitts on, peel potatoes, roughly chopping in your covered hand and dropping into a very large bowl.

 

Peel and rough chop eggs.  Salt and pepper to taste

 

Add rough cut sweet pickles. 

 

Put a good squirt of mustard.

 

Add mayonnaise.

 

Stir with large strong spoon.

 

Chill

 

You want enough mayonnaise and mustard to keep from over stirring.  The barely fork done will prevent goop

 

 

  @ECBG , This is how we make ours except we(family) like a little grated onion and a small amount of green pepper cut so small it is little specks. LOL

 

I am afraid in this the Dukes makes quite a difference. I have given this out and then they say but it wasn't like yours and I would always say you did not use the Dukes.

 

 Go To you tube and watch" Sh%t Southern Women Say" Episode 1. LOL There are some curse words done in their version of southern style but they mention the Dukes. LOL


.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 


 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,043
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities


@tiny 2 wrote:


Hee @ECBG  I am afraid we have to look to our friend @tiny 2  as since I moved I am sadly out of crock pots (not enough room after downsizing) but if you bring the coffee I'll kick in say maybe Bailey's Irish Creme? . . . Smiley Wink


@mtc DH MAKES Bailey's!!!!!!!  Not hard.  He uses the blender, sweetened condensed milk and burbon.

Shall I ask him?Smiley Happy


@ECBG@mtc, Go look at the beautiful photo...ICE CREAM on top but I will take some of the coffee and Bailey's. @mtc  You should get one of the tiny 1.5 qt oval crock pots. Proctor Silex 1.5 Quart Portable Oval Slow Cooker | Model# 33111Y


@tiny 2 1.5 qt CROCK POT?????????

 

Is that for a barbie doll!!!!!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,043
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities

@tiny 2 LOVE the addition of green pepper and onion!!!

 

I'll be right over.

 

As far as mayonaise goes, I think "mouth feel" and watery consistency probably shot Dukes and Hellmans to the top of the category.  

 

When I was quite young, I picked up a cheaper brand.  It almost poured out of the spoon.  I was in my mid 20's.