Honored Contributor

60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities

I know I used to post these occassionally from the late, great Tablespoon so I was happy to get this from The Country Cook.  All sorts of great recipes, some tried and true and some new . . . enjoy!

https://www.thecountrycook.net/4th-of-july-recipes/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_7_2_2018_14_35_COPY_01)&mc_c...

Respected Contributor

Re: 60 Recipes for Your Fourth of July Festivities

Thanks for posting this! I have been wanting to get some new, fresh ideas to shake up our usual fare. Have a fun & safe 4th of July! 🎇🎉🎆🌌
Honored Contributor

Root beer baked beans sound tempting! All the recipes look good. Have fun cooking some dishes this 4th of July.

Respected Contributor

What a wonderful assortment of recipes! And they're easy to read, too--I like how you can skip right to the recipe.

I already saved a few to PDF for easy reference, and will look at all of them when I have more time.

Thanks for the post!

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe   Thank you so much for providing the link.  Some great new food ideas for Independence Day!

aroc3435

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@momtochloe  Thanks for sharing these recipes. I just made the Patriotic Marshmallows. They are a welcome treat for my grand who has dairy & egg allergies. Fortunately, there are no allergies to dyes, lol. I did substitute regular size marshmallows for the jumbo. A great new treat/dessrt idea!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I know I used to post these occassionally from the late, great Tablespoon so I was happy to get this from The Country Cook.  All sorts of great recipes, some tried and true and some new . . . enjoy!

https://www.thecountrycook.net/4th-of-july-recipes/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_7_2_2018_14_35_COPY_01)&mc_c...

@momtochloe

Thank you!!!  Oh my word that crock pot Chocolate spoon cake is calling to me!!!!Heart

Honored Contributor

@KathT wrote:

@momtochloe  Thanks for sharing these recipes. I just made the Patriotic Marshmallows. They are a welcome treat for my grand who has dairy & egg allergies. Fortunately, there are no allergies to dyes, lol. I did substitute regular size marshmallows for the jumbo. A great new treat/dessrt idea!

Oh goodness @KathT  you just made my whole day . . . thank you for letting me know you found a recipe that works around your darling grandchild's allergies and enjoyed it!  Hope you enjoyed your celebration with your family.   Heart

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe

Thank you!!!  Oh my word that crock pot Chocolate spoon cake is calling to me!!!!Heart

Hee @tiny 2  I am so glad you and so many folks enjoyed the post and found something you may like to try.  Wow you all truly made my day with your kind words, bless you all!  Heart

Honored Contributor

I never did a fav 4th dish.

For picnics I got assigned potato salad and deviled eggs.  They said I cooked better.  "Better" is a subjective word!  It leaves you knowing nothing really.

The others sliced things, made chili for hot dogs, slaw, baked beans,  layered taco dip, ice cream  (they called me to ask how to do mine), and several desserts including   (my recipe) ice cream.

Music artist Luke Combs is addicted to my potato salad!  we are friends of his parents.  He stands over the bowl.