Honored Contributor

Re: 6 Ingredient King Ranch Chicken Casserole

@maximillian I was glad I had two packs of cream cheese. My store was cleaned out of it too. Maybe everyone is making dips.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Last night I made this recipe for dinner and liked it.  Our grocery stores have some strange shortages.  I had to buy and use flour tortillas-no corn tortillas to be found.  Also, the entire section for "light" cream cheese was empty.  I bought and used regular.  The recipe was still good.

Thank you for the review @maximillian I'm going to make it next weekend

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This is an improved version of the old King Ranch casserole recipe.  I also like that it is less fussy, with fewer ingredients.  Thanks, @Chi-town girl !

Contributor

Chi-Town Girl, thanks for sharing this recipe.  Sounds great.

Riley1, thanks for the site.  Has some recipes I would like to try as well as other good info.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell @cherrywood  and all - glad you are finding this to be a good recipe 

@riley1 - I'm going to check out the recipe site you posted, thank you!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl - I like your recipe - quick and easy with less fuss. And, I'm glad the updates on these recipes don't use the condensed soup.

Trusted Contributor

I made this recipe last night @Chi-town girl  and my family loved it!  I did add a little more cheese than the recipe called for and it was delicious.  Thanks so much for posting this.

Honored Contributor

It looks like a good recipe if you are a cream cheese fan, but I'm not seeing how it is lighter than if you use fat free or lighter soups as the original recipe?  

What am I missing?  

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I made this recipe last night @Chi-town girl  and my family loved it!  I did add a little more cheese than the recipe called for and it was delicious.  Thanks so much for posting this.

You're welcome @itsmetoo Extra cheese is a good thing IMO Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, seems very easy and yummie.