Honored Contributor

50 Most Delish Skillet Dinners

Not all of these are one pot wonders but some of them look delicious and quick and easy to make:

http://www.delish.com/cooking/menus/g1467/one-skillet-dinners/

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 50 Most Delish Skillet Dinners

Now this is my kind of cooking!  Just me now, so lots of my favorite recipes have gone by the wayside.  They were for big meals and I cook for just 1.

Living in Florida, casseroles that require baking time.....which causes A/C time.....is just not an option for me.

Honored Contributor

Oh @Zhills I am so glad you may have found some recipes that will work for you.  I cook for just me so I appreciate recipes like these as they are easier to scale down (and I am not complaining if I only have one pot to clean) . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing this with us[.excellent recipes]

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

Thank you for sharing this with us[.excellent recipes]

cathy from ma

You are most welcome @twinkies, enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Hi mtc,

Thanks so very much for the link, and my fave is the skillet meatballs in marinara sauce. Looks yummySmiley Happy.

Hubby is out buying the ingredients now, and also asked if he can open 1 jar of my hot pickled peppers we made last year, and add some Monterey Jack cheese in with the Mozzarella for an even spicier meatballs in marinara sauce version. (I laughed and said sure why notSmiley Happy.

I am going to make both today, your recipe for me, and his recipe for him.

I asked he pick up some crusty sour dough bread, so we can dip into the cheesy marinara goodness.

I also asked he pick out some really nice Japanese baby eggplants so we can grill them tonight, and top them with the left over delicious mixtures and to that add some slivers of my delicious preserved lemons.  (I want to make that with the leftover cheesy goodness for dinner tonight).

(I can taste it all now.....YUM!!!!!!).

It's going to be a very yummy day today mtc, and we thank you for everything you contributedSmiley Happy.

Happy Thursday dear friend, Happy Cooking and Good EatingSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Now this is my kind of cooking!  Just me now, so lots of my favorite recipes have gone by the wayside.  They were for big meals and I cook for just 1.

Living in Florida, casseroles that require baking time.....which causes A/C time.....is just not an option for me.

Most casseroles do very well in a slow cooker. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @momtochloe

These look great!

A couple of years ago our oven went out so I decided to get a new stove, but it took me a couple of weeks to decide on one I wanted.  We looked everywhere: appliance stores, Sears and hardware stores.  I finally got one of those Electrolux stoves Kelly was advertising on TV at the time.

BUT IN THE MEANTIME!  We found ingenious ways to cook almost everything in a skillet!  What an adventure.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @momtochloe

These look great!

A couple of years ago our oven went out so I decided to get a new stove, but it took me a couple of weeks to decide on one I wanted.  We looked everywhere: appliance stores, Sears and hardware stores.  I finally got one of those Electrolux stoves Kelly was advertising on TV at the time.

BUT IN THE MEANTIME!  We found ingenious ways to cook almost everything in a skillet!  What an adventure.

Ah the wonders of stove top cooking @Noel7 . . . Smiley Happy

Because neither my stove or cooktop working, I have become very creative at adapting recipes to something that can be made in a pot on an induction burner or trying to fit it into a toaster oven.  That's why I was so pleased to see this string of recipes.

I'm glad folks are enjoying them, that really makes my day . . . thank you!

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc wrote:

Hi mtc,

Thanks so very much for the link, and my fave is the skillet meatballs in marinara sauce. Looks yummySmiley Happy.

Hubby is out buying the ingredients now, and also asked if he can open 1 jar of my hot pickled peppers we made last year, and add some Monterey Jack cheese in with the Mozzarella for an even spicier meatballs in marinara sauce version. (I laughed and said sure why notSmiley Happy.

I am going to make both today, your recipe for me, and his recipe for him.

I asked he pick up some crusty sour dough bread, so we can dip into the cheesy marinara goodness.

I also asked he pick out some really nice Japanese baby eggplants so we can grill them tonight, and top them with the left over delicious mixtures and to that add some slivers of my delicious preserved lemons.  (I want to make that with the leftover cheesy goodness for dinner tonight).

(I can taste it all now.....YUM!!!!!!).

It's going to be a very yummy day today mtc, and we thank you for everything you contributedSmiley Happy.

Happy Thursday dear friend, Happy Cooking and Good EatingSmiley Happy.

@adoreqvc it's good to see you again and I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that you found something that you would like to make as usually it is I who is borrowing recipes from you . . . needless to say you have made my whole day with your kind words.  I hope you and Philip each enjoy your respective versions of your meal . . . Smiley Happy