Highlighted
Valued Contributor

1  [12 ounce bag  ]fresh cranberries

zest and fruit of 2 large oranges

1 cup of pitted dates or more to taste

2 Tablespoons of psylluim husk [optional]   -I did not use  ??

In food processor   process all the ingredients  til  chuncky and desired texture is reached;

may also be  used on oatmeal in the morning

cathy from ma.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: 5 minute cranberry relish

Sounds great! I am making a similar cranberry relish using Mr. Food's diabetic recipe. He uses Apple and splendid....I'm not wild about Splenda, and dates would be delicious, but I can't have the sugar. I do have some frozen mango in the freezer that is to die for: I think I will add a few chunks. As for the psyllium husks, it's a great idea. Fiber is uber important to me: I regularly add about three heaping tablespoons of psyllium to my smoothies: it adds thickness which would be a great thing if your relish is too runny. Chia seeds could be used as well I suppose....

Poodlepet2

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

poodlepet ,

Thanks for the info esp about pysillium . I do have chia seeds , I could use thsose , Thanks!The mango you have sound good!

cathy from ma

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine it needing psyllium husks. I make fresh cranberry relish every year and use nothing for thickening. Mine is basically cranberries, crystalized ginger, sugar, whole tangerines peel and all and a little orange marmalade. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval