Contributor

Just bought one and cannot find any recipes specifically for the 2 1/2 qt size.  Anyone have any to share?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: 2 1/2 qt crock pot

[ Edited ]

Find recipes for the standard 5-6qt crockpot and half them. You don't specifically need recipes because cooking in a slow cooker is just a cooking method like baking.  You'll. Probably want a piece of meat, some liquid (you need not be precise) and whatever else you want to add, like veggies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Just what I wa thinking too !!  You cannot over-fill the crock pot.

Respected Contributor

I never use a "recipe".  I think if you read the booklet that came with it, it tells you that u will need to have a certain amount of liquid so your stuff doesn't stick and burn but anything else is up to you. 

Here's one of my "toss" recipes I'd make all the time for dad when he was alive.  Buy a boneless chuck roast on sale, added onions, carrots and potatoes and a can of beef stock.  You can or don't have to sear the meat before sticking it in.  The liquid in your crockpot is usually more in the end bc of the water released from your veggies and the meat.  Since yours is a smaller crockpot, just cut the meat into smaller sections to fit and maybe add a little more stock.  Make sure you season your meat - dad was to use limited salt I'd use minimal salt/pepper and garlic powder or smash/slice some real garlic and toss it in. If you like gravy, you can remove the meat and veggies and add a little water and cornstarch slurry or just use the juice kind of like an au jus.  I've made this same dish and instead of carrots onions and potatoes, I've used green pepper, a can of stewed tomatoes and onions for a change. Make beef/veggie soup in the winter ALL the time.  Your options are endless.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattyc

There is a blogger called Chris at Recipes that Crock that is devoted to crock pot cooking.  This past week they shared a recipe for potatoes dijonnaise using a 2 1/2 qt crock pot.  You might want to check them out for recipes for your crockpot!