Honored Contributor

QF A-352895 - Dream Jeanne's Pedal Pushers W/ Floral Embroidery

I ordered these in the denim and just love them!  BUT, the musky odor was just awful, so I decided to wash before wearing, and they still smell musky!  Anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on getting rid of the odor?  TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: QF A-352895 - Dream Jeanne's Pedal Pushers W/ Floral Embroidery

@Hooty.  This is from an earlier post in reference to the penetrating musty smell on Denim & Co. jeans.  I've gotten that odor on other brands too.

I've long been a big fan of Don Aslett's X-O Deodorizer, sold here at QVC.  I've used it for a myriad of animal-created smells.  So I made a strong solution in a spray bottle of the deodorizer and water.  Sprayed the jeans lightly but thoroughly twice, allowing to dry between applications, then washed them in a load with other jeans and the smell was completely gone.

There are strong industrial strength deodorizers at hardware stores and places like Lowe's and HP that would probably work.  You may already have something in the house for animal accidents

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've also used X-O Deodorizer for a number of things.  (Neutralizing skunk spray on my truck for one!!!)  It's worth a try.

I've had that odd smell on some clothing items, but have always found that it eventually goes away.  Some things take longer than others though; never really sure what the source of it is.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Venezia.  Some people swear the smell comes from the dyes on blue denim, others think it comes from an insecticide with which they spray ship containers.  Strangely the stinkiest thing I've  received was a Susan Graver pendant on a leather cord.  The odor on that was so strong I had to keep it in the garage.  A couple treatments with Don Aslett and it was fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624- I think you could be right that it's the blue dye.  The items I've had that problem with were all blue denim.  Other colors of the same items were fine.  I remember thinking it was odd, when I got four colors of a QF skort and the only one with that "odor" was the dark blue denim.