Honored Contributor

Re: New Dream Jeannes Crop Pants w/ Motif On Leg

@Pearleewrote:

Hi  @haddon9 .  Oh, I am so very happy you are going to the Dali museum.  I think you'll love it - the bldg. itself is worth seeing, let alone the paintings.  Please try to join up with a tour to be sure you get the most out of that painting where you don't see that it's Lincoln until you stand in a certain spot to see it (you have to be X number of feet away and then you see Lincoln in the painting, where you didn't before). It's amazing.  Also, if I recall correctly, the museum is free on Thursday after 4 or 5 p.m. (that's when I went - and it's crowded then).    Also, the gift shop is great!   I'm so excited for you (and envious - I'll have to go there again some day). 

As for the fit of the new crops vs. the one you have, all I can say is that with QVC's sizing, you just never know and can't rely on anything. i.e. other pair in the same size (unfortunately).

@Pearlee  I'm excited and will look into tours...I'll keep an eye out for the painting of Lincoln too!

I did order the bleached denim crops with the daisies and like @Trudey  I thought that I was set with crops since I got the Big Deal last month...oh well these have a different vibe and it was hard to turn down.... I hope they fit well! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So ugly! Everything in this line is OVER embellished.  Unflattering matronly YUCK!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9@Trudey @equss  @Mellie2

I received these yesterday and tried them on today. Love them!   When I ordered them,  I hadn't known that the same flowers that are on the one leg (and they take up more of the leg than I imagined they would - nice surprise) are on one back pocket, as is the bling.  The bling looks to me to be aurora borealis, multicolors coming out of the crystal which is also good - reflects the pastels in the embroidery.

The material is very soft, lots of stretch to it.  My regular size medium fits just fine and like other DJs I have. 

I have two minor negatives about these but for the most part I totally love them.  One negative has to do with my height so this wouldn't apply to @Trudey .  At 5'4", this length isn't ideal for me because they look less like crops and more like too-short ankle pants.  But that isn't bothering me enough to send them back because I really like them.  Just saying that the length isn't real flattering for my height and I'd rather they hit me on a different place on my leg.  Also, some of you may not like that the bottom of the pant isn't tapered to my leg; that is, there's some flare (not boot cut by any means but there is some width at the bottom). This seems to bother some reviewers of other crop pants but it's not bothering me, at least with these.

Lastly, there was a strong smell of denim dye, or possible insecticide, when I received these.  Smelled more like denim dye to me.  Like I do all my jeans, I'm going to wash these before wearing to make sure there won't be any color transfer onto clothing or furniture from the dye.  I will use a color catcher sheet in the wash to make sure no dye is coming off, and if there is, I'll keep washing until it does come off.  I will say I always do this with jeans and dark colored Dream Jeannes and I've never had a problem with dye transfer at all.  My color catcher sheets always come out pure white with no dye, but because I"m smelling something - not sure what - I'm going to be esp. attentive to these.

I like these a lot and recommend them.

@Chi-town girl  So glad that not everyone has the same tastes.  How boring the world would be then.

Honored Contributor

Really cute.  I got an email a while ago that said QF was changing the fabric of it's Dreamjeannes.  I wonder if these have that new fabric.  I'm  am so over the heavy old Dreamjeannes fabric.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I got mine the other day too and your post prompted me to try them on. I'm not sure....they are very cute & I love the embroidery but as you mentioned the length is a bit off.  I'm 5' 2 1/2" (I'm shrinking) and also wear a medium.  They come to about an inch or so above my ankle and they do flare out a tiny bit.

I had purchased these QF crops when they were a Big Deal and they are supposed to have the same inseam measurement of 23".  However when I measured them against each other the Big Deal pair were 1 3/4" shorter...plus they have more of a tapered  opening which I think makes the leg look slimmer.

I also purchased these QF jeans earlier this winter.  I love the color of them and the embroidery but the fit is off.  They are too baggy and I got the medium.  sometimes I will get a small in Dream Jeannes pants but usually a medium in the capris/crops/pedal pushers.  I go by the chart which isn't consistent!

As for these (with the daisies) I will have to think it over....maybe by trying on different tops & shoes with them I might find a good look.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I'm so glad that you love your new DJs...except for the length.  Where do you buy the color catcher sheets?  What brand are they?

I don't care what others think...I love Dream Jeannes and I love all of the tops that I've purchased from QF.  I ordered the new QF Bohemian top yesterday in white.   I love embellishments and there is absolutely nothing "old" or "matronly" about anything I wear.  Pearley, I think you have great taste.  In fact, I'm wearing one of your recommendations today...Logo striped sweater in apple blossom.

Enjoy your new crops and enjoy all the compliments you'll receive.

http://www.qvc.com/Quacker-Factory-Bohemian-Floral-Knit-Top-With-Tassel-Detail.product.A303245.html

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  That top is really cute!   Thank you for your post and your comments about what you wear.  Love that apple blossom top and I'll bet you look just great in it!

@haddon9  I think the new DJ crops will be OK (length) wearing sandals or flats such as some Skechers flats I own.  Frankly, I don't think anyone will notice the "odd" length of them at all, except us (you are about my height! no wonder they come to the same place on you!).

I have @gidgetgh  to thank for giving me the idea of the color catcher sheets. They are made by Shout and are called Color Catcher Dye Trapping Sheets.  I bought mine at Wal Mart just because I figured they would be cheaper there but since they are a Shout product I'm sure a lot of grocery stores and maybe Target too, places like that, carry them with their other laundry stuff.  I've only had one garment ever bleed into the sheet. It wasn't a DJ or LOGO  -- It was a black sweatshirt I'd bought a long time ago and I had to keep washing it until I got a color catcher sheet that came out pure white (as it went in).  All my catcher sheets have been white with all my Dream Jeannes so far, but I still don't take any chance (I had a bad experience with dye bleeding onto car seats once so I'm super careful about dye transfer now).     This Shout product is really good to have around in your laundry room.  Thank you to gidgetgh for mentioning it in the Talbots forum.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee . I had never heard of the color catcher dye sheets before.  I found them on Amazon and added them to my wish list.  Will have to check them out!

Honored Contributor

I tried these on again yesterday and like them even more.  And to the poster who was interested in this detail, the material is much lighter than most of the DJs I own.  Definitely comfy and stretchy but not as heavy as a lof of the DJ fabric.