Honored Contributor

Re: Hey There....how about some petite pants, not small BUT PETITE.

Jeanne was short but not petite.  How many times have we heard that.  It's got to be her most famous quote.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 - What you've said about why QF doesn't offer petite isn't true.

Many years ago, when Jeanne was still alive, they did try offering true petite sizing in pants.  However, they didn't sell well and they also got returns, so they discontinued them.  Jeanne herself explained this more than once on air, in response to the question of "why no petites?"

I doubt that they will want to bother offering them again, when probably the majority of their market is happy with "short", "regular" and "tall".

@Venezia  No,  the majority of petite women are not happy.   The pants are unwearable so they've moved on to other lines like How Comfy. 

Sorry,  but I don't recall Quaker offering petites in pants and I've been with them since the start. 

@Kachina624 - I didn't say the majority of petite women are happy.  I said the "majority of their market" - totally different thing.

I've also been with Quacker Factory from the beginning and I do remember Jeanne saying it.  I don't think I ever missed a show when Jeanne was alive and I recorded all of them.  I kept them, even after she died, right up until we recently switched DVR systems.  But who knows?  Maybe she thought they offered them!  Maybe she was thinking of what she sold in the shop she had before coming to QVC?  We will never know.

I do have closets (plural) full of QF, many of them (most actually) with the original white and green label.

At any rate, it's a moot point.  I don't think they're going to ever offer petites in the future, so it's just as well there are other brands to satisfy all of the Q's customers.

BTW:  I just watched the show from Q Plus and heard Angel explain again how the short differs from petite (for those who think they don't know the difference).

Respected Contributor

QVC not Quacker Factory decides what they sell. QVC meets with Quacker Factory and tell them how many, what sizes and colors they will order.