Super Contributor

Last fall I got Dream Jeannes pull-on pants in black and dark indigo and loved wearing them until I started noticing separation of seams particularly around the waistband area.  I wear a medium which fits me very good.  Also, the knit seems to be wearing thin very quickly in some spots.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I tried to patch the separated places but the patch doesn't hold that well.  I want to try the capris for the summer months but am hesitant wondering if this is true with all Dream Jeannes.  

Honored Contributor

I wear them a lot and haven't noticed a problem with them.  I also have a lot of the capris and pedal pushers and find them to be very comfortable for summer.

Contributor

I can honestly say that after years of wearing “Dream Jeanne’s” from pants to shorts and everything inbetween, I have not had that problem. These pieces are my “go tos”! 

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I've had problems with visible wear on the center back seam of my black Dream Jeannes over the last couple of years. When I first noticed white threads showing through on either side of the seam, 5-6 inches below the waist where the fit would be tightest, I was very unhappy. On my next order I went up a size, hoping extra room in that low hip area would prevent the problem. It did not!  My new pair began to show white threads within a few months. The threads are not loose, they've just either lost their color or worn thin (or both). As much as I love them, I'm not going to order any more black Dream Jeannes, as this is not a good look. 

Honored Contributor

Dream jeannes - my go to also for YEARS but they've become my worst enemy since weight loss in my mid section. I've always purchased small and now they're all way too big in the waistline and the front 'belly' portion I'll say. Even xsmall doesn't work for me. So bummed - and these thing are expensive! I'm not spending $50 a pr just to replace as many colors as I've had. Cleaned out my closet a couple of weeks ago and gave away A BUNCH of these jeans. I'm down to 2 colors - dark denim & black, one pr each.

I've NEVER experienced any of the problems the poster notes though.

Respected Contributor

I've never had any issues with Dream Jeannes.  I always turn them inside out and launder in the hand was cycle.  I dry them on delicate for 10 minutes, then hang to finish drying.  I wear and wash mine a lot and they have always held up well.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had this happen to me to the point where the back end literally wore so thin you could see my underwear!   I too take good care of following washing instructions.  Needless to say I wear these to clean the house and that's it.   I do have others (capris) that the material seems to be a little more substantial and I have not noticed this problem yet.   I do like the QF line but I mostly have the tops and think I will stick to those.  Not a lot of confidence in the jeannes.

Respected Contributor

@Emmalinewrote:

Yes, I've had problems with visible wear on the center back seam of my black Dream Jeannes over the last couple of years. When I first noticed white threads showing through on either side of the seam, 5-6 inches below the waist where the fit would be tightest, I was very unhappy. On my next order I went up a size, hoping extra room in that low hip area would prevent the problem. It did not!  My new pair began to show white threads within a few months. The threads are not loose, they've just either lost their color or worn thin (or both). As much as I love them, I'm not going to order any more black Dream Jeannes, as this is not a good look. 

I have had the same problem, @Emmaline.  I have many different versions of Dream Jeannes, however, the black ones started to show white threads along the back seam very quickly!  I was horrified when doing my laundry and noticing it!  I have donated that pair and will not purchase any black DJ again,

That being said, I have no problem with my many different shades of denim or my whites.  Maybe they do have the threads wearing, but are not noticable due to the lighter color??!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Valued Contributor

I would love to "love" Dream Jeannes but the crotch comes down to my knees.  I wish they would sell PETITE sizes as the rise is just too long for me.  I believe the petite ladies know what I am trying to describe.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on weight loss. Wonderful problem to have.

@PINKdogWOODwrote:

Dream jeannes - my go to also for YEARS but they've become my worst enemy since weight loss in my mid section. I've always purchased small and now they're all way too big in the waistline and the front 'belly' portion I'll say. Even xsmall doesn't work for me. So bummed - and these thing are expensive! I'm not spending $50 a pr just to replace as many colors as I've had. Cleaned out my closet a couple of weeks ago and gave away A BUNCH of these jeans. I'm down to 2 colors - dark denim & black, one pr each.

I've NEVER experienced any of the problems the poster notes though.