New Contributor

I'll freeze in 3/4 sleeves here in Michigan!!

i saw so many tee shirts I would love for the holidays & then I saw the 3/4 sleeves. It's too cold here for those 

please some long sleeves. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with you it is to cold for 3/4 sleeves. I live in fleece in the winter. I wish they would make pullover sweaters like they use to make.

Honored Contributor

I wear  3/4 length sleeves all year long.... yes, even in July when it's 90 degrees.  People have asked me if the sleeves make me too hot 

Think about it.  A thin covering of material will not keep you warm or make you too hot.  It's going to take more than that to change your body temperature when it comes to t-shirt material.

There is nothing wrong with having a preference for long sleeves.  I do own many long sleeve t-shirts and enjoy wearing them.  It's nice to have a variety.

Honored Contributor

Long sleeves as well as heavy sweaters and other winter garments are available over and over and over again.

Some of us live where our wardrobe needs just don't call for all that warmth, so an occasional 3/4 sleeved top makes total sense to me.  If a retailer doesn't offer appropriate clothing for us warm weather shoppers, there's no reason for us to shop.

QVC and most of its counterparts market to cold-weather shopping from August until March.  I love those clothes, but I no longer have much need for them.  Even when I head for Florida soon, if I need something, I might as well go first to thrift or consignment because so much floor space even there is given over to fall fabrics and winter colors.

Respected Contributor

Gloves can be useful in cold weather with 3/4 and shorter sleeves. I like this look

when it is chilly out.

Natalie_wood.jpgForearmGlvs.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I have been so dissapointed when I see a lovely top and then I see those dang 3/4 sleeves...a total turn off...I won't buy them....

3/4 sleeves always look like the shirt shrank in the laundry...or that the manufacturer was looking for a cost cutting reason to not make the long sleeve...

I have said this many times before...so many of us have asked for elbow length sleeves for summer...and we rarely if ever get them...yet they don't seem to have a problem making 3/4 sleeve...

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Gloves can be useful in cold weather with 3/4 and shorter sleeves. I like this look

when it is chilly out.

Natalie_wood.jpgForearmGlvs.jpg

My mother used to wear coats and gloves like that.  Aren't  they called opera length sleeves?  I think they look glamorous.

Honored Contributor

3/4 sleeves are more practical and you can show off your bracelets.

I live in the south, I am over corduroy, suede, fleece, flannel, etc etc.    Don't we all live inside now?  Controlled environment?   Why all the heavy clothes?

Except for some dresses that are obviously for spring & summer, I wear the same clothes all year round.    When I feel cold, I throw on a sweater.

I've watched QVC off & on for over 20 years & it seems the hosts all get giddy when the temperature gets below 70 degrees so they can bring out the fur & the boots.

Full disclosure, i don't buy QVC clothing, but if we are voting, 3/4 sleeves are OK with me.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I agree with you it is to cold for 3/4 sleeves. I live in fleece in the winter. I wish they would make pullover sweaters like they use to make.

@CLHS68 - You know, I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but they used to make beautiful sweaters (pullover and cardigan) and we never see them any more.  I have so many in my closets I guess it didn't occur to me that they'd stopped.  I'll have to hang onto the ones I have!

Honored Contributor

Too hot for summer, not warm enough for winter...that's why 3/4 sleeves are on my "no buy" list.  I hate the darn things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment