Honored Contributor

Do you think this snow storm in the east will slow our stuff down when it is shipped?

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Honored Contributor

Re: wondering about shipping

I'd think yes - things have already stopped in place and there will be a backlog to clear let alone new orders - from here and everywhere.

I just hope roads clear enough to get food to people who didn't prepare for storm delays. I'd just as soon other commercial traffic stop for 48 hours and then work its way back to normal.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely.  I live on the East Coast and every year when it snows heavily, not to mention the blizzard we are having now which is very bad, I expect to have delays on all my orders for several days.  

Respected Contributor

Most likely.  Depends on the destination and where it's shipped from.   A lot of Q is shipped by the manufacturer.

I know I-80 in Wyoming has been closed 4 times since Thanksgiving.  Once for 3 days.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I have no doubt that anything that's being shipped from about Georgia on northward will have shipping delays.  And even if the items get shipped, it's going to be quite some time before deliveries will occur in my area.  just measured 20 inches on my deck and they say we're barely half way finished with the storm, with the winds yet to come.  Fortunately, nothing I have on order merits some delivery service making their employees get out too soon.

Honored Contributor

The whole country will likely experience delays.  It will have a domino effect.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Florida about an hour north of Miami so obviously no snow, but local meteorologists tell us the 30+ winds we are having are part of the same storm bashing millions north of here.  I just walked across the parking lot to pick up yesterday's mail - oops, that much wind even without cold and snow and ice can unbalance a walker.

Please, everyone, be careful -  I can't think of anything beyond emergency medications someone should be risking their lives to deliver.  All the retail shippers ought to be organizing their warehouses so they can ship easily once all the roads are open -  not now while people are stranded and emergency workers need open space.