Trusted Contributor

why is Rick Domeier presenting Affinity diamonds tonight

I remember seeing him for the first time on a jewelry show and it was for Diamonique.  Now he is doing the real diamond show.  What happened to that nice man that was the spokesman for Affinity?  What's the reason behind substituting an in house host for an outside host?  Is it a money issue?

Respected Contributor

Re: why is Rick Domeier presenting Affinity diamonds tonight

the overnight Affinity show had a QVC host and the gentleman expert. i assume this is the same thing.

Super Contributor

Why does matter?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for pointing that out.  I went back and watched the video.  The expert was introduced as Jose Peron.  When did he come on?  Was he highlighted as the new expert on Affinity?

Honored Contributor

The Affinty spokesperson is now on JTV as a spokesperson for another line.

Rick used to always be on at midnight and and presented the TSV back in QVC’s jewelry days, way before they even had spokespeople on for jewelry.

I don’t know why it is an issue.  Rick was on QVC presenting jewelry long before the Affinty spokesperson.

i remember the night one of his sons was born.  He was presenting, and then he was gone....he went to the hospital for his son’s birth.

Esteemed Contributor

@newname0, Rick Dolmeir has hosted fine jewelry shows during his entire time as a QVC show host. Through the years he has regularly hosted Affinity, Judith Ripka, Barbara Bixby, Honora, Diamonique among others.  When QVC used to have far more regular 14kt and 18kt hour long shows Rick, MaryBeth, Pat JD, and former host Lisa Robertson were usually the host.  On many occasions he has kicked off the annual 24-hour Gold Rush event.  

Respected Contributor

Rick has always done that.  And before David hosted the kitchen shows, he too presented fine jewelry as did the two Dan's

Trusted Contributor

I remember too seeing Dan Wheeler try his hand at presenting jewelry for the first time.  In the same way Rick D. did it for the first time and seemed ackward at first.  I got the impression that they both felt they were not as well suited for doing it than the women IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I am really not liking these new jewelry guys who co host the shows. I miss the classy older guys.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't see why they have OAPS, the hosts are more than capable of presenting products themselves. This would eliminate the talking over each other, that drives people crazy. Once the training period is over , they could operate on their own very well. JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan