Frequent Contributor

I appreciate that QVC is an inclusive as far as sizing goes but the buyers or vendors need to pay attention to size ranges.  Im a 16w and in many items that size is completely missing.  a 16 is not the same as a 16w.  even the nydj special value yesterday went from 16 regular to 18w skipping the 16w all together.  

Honored Contributor

Re: where is 16w?

[ Edited ]

@baglady9 wrote:

I appreciate that QVC is an inclusive as far as sizing goes but the buyers or vendors need to pay attention to size ranges.  Im a 16w and in many items that size is completely missing.  a 16 is not the same as a 16w.  even the nydj special value yesterday went from 16 regular to 18w skipping the 16w all together.  

@baglady9 @Here, it's usually the same. Most of the vendors here start calling something a plus or womens numerical sizing beginning with with size 18. To be certain something will fit, take your measurements and look at the CLICK HERE measurements in the descriptions for each item. These are garment measurement so you have to add  two -four inches to each of the garment body measurements to figure the size you will need. QVC brands use vanity sizing which usually runs a full size larger than brick and mortar sizing. NYDJ has their own sizing. Check the Click Here measurements for each of their garments.  Don't be stuck on the size you have worn since so many vendors have made changes to the size numbers they're using for their clothing. For NYDJ you can check to see whether you need their 16 regular or their 18 Womens. 

Honored Contributor

They carry the sizes in clothing and shoes that are in most demand and give us a full set of measurements for each size so we can make an accurate selection.  The can't possibly accommodate everyone.  I've never seen another person here ask about a 16W.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: where is 16w?

[ Edited ]

I used to wear a 16W and agree with the OP that woman's size 16w fits differently than misses size 16.

I never bought much QVC clothing so I can't know for sure if their clothing is sized differently, but the W sizes normally have larger armholes, and bust area,  and are fuller cut in the seat and thighs, not by much, but enough to make a difference to someone who needs that extra inch.

Some companies even sell 12w and 14w.

Respected Contributor

I agree . I would like to see more styles in 14 W and 16 W.. Theres a huge difference in fit as compared to regular sizes. 

Frequent Contributor
16w is it’s own size not the same as 16
Respected Contributor

@baglady9 @I have a family member that needs a 16w also. I completely agree a woman size is not the same as a misses. I have noticed for  Nydj on other sites they carry the 16w. So maybe it's just Qvc that doesn't carry them.I have called them in the past with questions and have found them to be very helpful.  It has been a while since I called but hopefully they can assist you with that brand. I truly understand your struggle! Hang in there!

Frequent Contributor

And many of the vendors move back and forth between numbered and alpha sizing which is fine but the size charts used are often not the right ones and the 16w gets lost when the vendors move back and forth.  I hate to harp on this but no one is listening.  and Im sorry if its only acceptable to voice concern about things that others also voice concern over.

Frequent Contributor

Is it a requirement that you see the same concern over and over?  just because you've never seen it before ms Kachina624.  that does not make this issue invalid

Super Contributor

Getting a little rude