Valued Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Nothing bothers me except when they say someone who is especially older than 60 is xamount of years young.  No one's ever said someone is 6 years young or 26 years young, etc!!  It's condescending!!!

I agree.  It's like if you didn't notice the person was old before they said that, you do now!  Also on the beauty shows when they have an older model, they're always pointing out what an active dating life the model has.  Like it's any of our business? Or like we should assume that she shouldn't because she's old, I mean "young?"

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

I can't for the life of me understand why people have to reduce simple words like comfort, casual, and gorgeous to single sylables, but then they add extra sylables to a word like fabric.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

Re: what words do you hate?

[ Edited ]

I absolutely hate the ummms.
Can't explain why, they just drive me crazy!!

851580_147663458749251_698070344_n.png

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Christmas in July

Christmas in August

Christmas in September

Christmas in October

Trusted Contributor
I was watching a home shopping channel today and the host's favorite word seemed to be 'officially'. she actually said, "today is officially July 1st". "it's now officially the last hour of the show." I was like, oh man! no one ever told me there was an unofficial July 1st!!! when IS that??
Esteemed Contributor

On trend

I just adore this (talking about clothing)

pop the collor

So fresh

And most of the adjectives used by a particular vendor

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

uber

Trusted Contributor
people are going to stop you and ask, "where did you get that??"
Honored Contributor

You're right about the jewelry shows that always mention that "The Sleeping Beauty mine is closed" - really tired of that.  You'd think by now they would have run out of Sleeping Beauty turquoise since the mine has been closed so long.