Frequent Contributor

what's up with product reviews?

I wrote a review on a Serta mattress on Nov 1 and it was just posted, almost three weeks later. What is up with that?

Respected Contributor

Re: what's up with product reviews?

@QVCpal wrote:

I wrote a review on a Serta mattress on Nov 1 and it was just posted, almost three weeks later. What is up with that?

I don't write many reviews because I hate to get stuck on a dozen questions afterwards.  But I don't think I've ever checked back to see ifany of my reviews were posted.  Just doesn't seem that important to me. 

Respected Contributor

You were lucky that your review was finally posted.  

I stopped writing ting reviews a while ago because I don't think QVC wants them.  I use to check the reviews before ordering---now I just do not bother ordering and have significantly cut down the amount and number of times I look at their offerings.      Saves a lot of time and money!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkzYou stopped writing them and I've pretty much stopped reading them. 

There's so infrequently any info adding to my knowledge so that I could make a better buying decision - at least for clothing, jewelry, and cosmetics.  I've pretty much managed to buy that kind of merchandise for 60 years without all that much external input and I've been fortunate not to get badly burned so far.

I do check for appliances and other large puchases, but I check more on the sites where the engineers and installation professional give me data I can work with.

By the way - when I do look at reviews, I don't find QVC's being any more helpful or any less helpful than those on any other consumer site.  If there's an outstanding review site, I have yet to find it.

Respected Contributor

I still leave them, rarely read them anymore.   I often wondered if we bought the same thing.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wrote a product review on an IM top. I never do product reviews but feel this had to be done. The top was so wrinkled. Looked like it had been rolled up in a ball and shoved in the plastic bag.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

They probably don't have enough staffing to dedicate to the monitoring of reviews.  Ergo, to me, this means in reality the reviews aren't that important to them, even though all the presentators rave about the number of 5 star reviews.

I still will occassionally read reviews, here and at other sites.  Some of them were really worthwhile to me.  Based on reviews, I purchased a few clothing items I never would have and loved the item(s).  The reviews also have swayed me away from some products.

I have posted reviews sometimes when I have strong feelings (either favorable or unfavorable) about items.  Some get posted, some don't.