Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Ordering from ventor's website works but............you often get stuck with shipping charges (I've check several)

Food with QVC is 'usually' free shipping.

Guess the bottom line is......how badly do you want the product immediately or wait a spell.

"Food with QVC is usually free shipping"

But is it really a better deal with the Q?  Like they don't jack up the price to make up for "free"  S&H?

Respected Contributor

If you want bagels go to Costco ( if one is in your area ) their bakery has all kinds of bagels.......Plain bagels.....Everything bagel...Cinnamon raisin.....Two bags of six for 6.99....

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ Yes, shipping is in Q's price - however due to the number of sales - QVC gets bagels at a reduced cost - and offers free shipping.

I've checked our Only Bagels website - price for a package or two costs much more and then shipping charges are added.

Honored Contributor

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, try their bagels. We're originally from NYC and these bagels, especially the cinammon raisin, make the grade!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

People often get that address message when the item has sold out but their computer has not yet caught up.   What possible motive would they have to sell something then not let you buy it?  Hardly a scam. 

@Kachina624    Used to hear "I've been cheated".....from people who purchased their hotel room thru places like Expedia or Trivago.....and then wanted a refund from us.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@sann wrote:

If you want bagels go to Costco ( if one is in your area ) their bakery has all kinds of bagels.......Plain bagels.....Everything bagel...Cinnamon raisin.....Two bags of six for 6.99....

@sann  nothing can compare to a NY bagel. Oh how I miss them. In Atlanta the  closet to a real NY bagel is Einstein Bagels and still I would prefer if they were done in NY.  There seems to be difference.

Went to Cosco last week and bought 2 for 6.99. They are still hanging around. My friend recommended them and she likes them. Guess I'll have to stick with Einstein's.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@KKJ Yes, shipping is in Q's price - however due to the number of sales - QVC gets bagels at a reduced cost - and offers free shipping.

I've checked our Only Bagels website - price for a package or two costs much more and then shipping charges are added.

@fthunt - I also checked out the Just Bagels site and their prices were way higher than the Q's and the shipping charges were very high.

I have at least 3 A/D bagel orders through QVC and I'll keep them as long as they let me.  Better than any bagels I can get where I am.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Ordering from ventor's website works but............you often get stuck with shipping charges (I've check several)

Food with QVC is 'usually' free shipping.

Guess the bottom line is......how badly do you want the product immediately or wait a spell.

"Food with QVC is usually free shipping"

But is it really a better deal with the Q?  Like they don't jack up the price to make up for "free"  S&H?

@KKJ - Yes, in many cases it really is free shipping and the price for the food item is better than you can get through the vendor's own website.

Of course, it pays to shop around, but I've looked at Just Bagels and it would cost a lot more to order from them directly.  Same with some other food items I've ordered.  A lot of people don't realize how high shipping costs are for food - especially considering most things have to go by "2nd Day Air".

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman - Do you have the item number and the price it was shown for?

You might be able to email the Social Team and explain.  I recently once had an item I was trying to order at a special price and every time I put it in my cart, it showed a higher price.

One of the moderators was able to adjust the price after I placed the order.  Worth a try!

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I was watching In The Kitchen and there was a "one show only" deal on bagels.   I put my choice in my cart.   When I tried to buy it, I got a message stating that I was unable to buy the item in my area!   It is made in NYC and I am in upstate NY!    I called the CS operater who told me that the system was having a problem and even she could not over ride it.   I should try later.   I kept trying to no avail.  Finally, when the sale price expired, the system magically corrected itself.   Imagine that!   What a scam!

@NYwoman 

That is NOT correct and it wasn't a scam.  I would not throw those terms around like that. SMH

It WAS a system error..  I got it too, but was able to place the order a couple hours later.  And it WAS still at the OTO price.

Just contact CS as suggested.

You are making accusations based on incomplete information.