Esteemed Contributor

I miss the monthly coupons HSN sent me (and I used!) and all the fun things mentioned above.  HSN had a different "feel" from QVC -- better specials, and all that free shipping.  I watched HSN because they had different products and brands than QVC.  Now both channels sell the same brands and it's difficult to tell one from the other.  Even the selling style of the HSN hosts seems to have changed. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I miss the movie themed shows, also they had a show called be jeweled and they would show case different jewelry vendors and was a really nice show.

Respected Contributor

I shop more from the Q but what I like better about hsn is they don't have as many of the phone calls during shows as the Q.  I hate the phone calls.

Respected Contributor

Loved their deep discounts.  If you were willing to wait, you could get a great deal on an item at a fraction of the original price. 

I first discovered HSN in the '80s.  When I'd take a break from studying, I'd tune in.  They had some fun hosts back then like Hans Burt, Larry Muzzy, Christa Fordham, and Tamara Malish.

Respected Contributor

I shopped hsn a lot back in the day as well.  Back when Connie Stevens was big with her Forever Spring skincare line---I bought a lot of her stuff and Adrienne's SCA. 

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Loved their deep discounts.  If you were willing to wait, you could get a great deal on an item at a fraction of the original price. 

I first discovered HSN in the '80s.  When I'd take a break from studying, I'd tune in.  They had some fun hosts back then like Hans Burt, Larry Muzzy, Christa Fordham, and Tamara Malish.

@LyndaGee : And Dorrie Ball.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Occasional Contributor

Maybe it's just  me but I've noticed that now their flex pays on autoships are lower where before if something was a flex pay of 5 then the autoship was the same. Now it seems that it's usually half of what the single ship is. Strange that QVC hasn't done this, only HSN.  It seems like HSN is the one taking all of the hits since the change in ownership. Such a shame.  

Super Contributor

HSN is just like a QVC3 now...it is not even a 24 hour channel anymore...and they run the same show 4 or 5 times in a row overnight.  Now the same vendors (Pillow Man, IT Cosmetics, Keurig) are all filtering over there showing the same stuff.  HSN is losing its identity.  3 hosts just left abruptly.  I think it will only get worse.  Why even have HSN anymore?

And those commercials with the hip hop music and women saying why they shop at HSN are just DUMB.

Honored Contributor

I miss the free shipping which they had on  a lot of their items.  Not any more.

Trusted Contributor

Last night I watched Carolyn's 15th anniversary show on QVC3. I could have sworn I heard them play a song that HSN used to use for Joy Mangano commercials.