Esteemed Contributor

Mostly their slogan..."It's fun here!"  Because it was. 

I loved getting packages that had written on them, "It's here!  It's here!"  Or "Look what YOU got!"  Or "This (bag? box? package?) is happy to see you too!"  Loved that! 

And a couple of years ago, I think to celebrate their birthday (?) they sent small inflatable balls for customers to blow up and post photos with them on facebook.

Then there was the extra flex payment for cardholders and 5 or 6 free returns if you'd used your HSN cards.

Gone.

It seems QVC was alpha in the deal.  I haven't noticed any changes here.

Those are things I miss.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Mostly their slogan..."It's fun here!"  Because it was. 

I loved getting packages that had written on them, "It's here!  It's here!"  Or "Look what YOU got!"  Or "This (bag? box? package?) is happy to see you too!"  Loved that! 

And a couple of years ago, I think to celebrate their birthday (?) they sent small inflatable balls for customers to blow up and post photos with them on facebook.

Then there was the extra flex payment for cardholders and 5 or 6 free returns if you'd used your HSN cards.

Gone.

It seems QVC was alpha in the deal.  I haven't noticed any changes here.

Those are things I miss.

Extra Flex w/HSN card has been offered all this month. I don't recall free returns but cardholders are given a $5.00 credit for each return using the HSN return label.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418Thanks.  Guess I haven't been looking for the extra flex.

Yes, a $5 credit for the label which means you pay less.  But there used to be a number of completely free returns...maybe six per year, or five. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I miss free shipping on shoes and beauty products!!!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I miss the free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

HSN used to have better commercials. Now they keep playing the same tired ones over and over, the mom letting the daughter borrow the earrings, the mom with the red graduation shoes, the young women who buy everything on FlexPay... HSN used to use real songs too. Since Q took over they're using that penny-pinching production music, including that awful song Q used to play for Beauty Night. Next thing you know they'll be playing the old PM Style song for The List.

Trusted Contributor

I love HSN!  5.00 credit on 6 returns w card. Specials such as spend 99$ get 20$ off and the 20% off.  The packaging is much more fun.  Customer service more helpful and friendly. I’m sorry to see HSN slowly adapting to QVC policies and standards.  

Respected Contributor

Re: what I miss about HSN

[ Edited ]

Whatever you think about HSN, they ship faster, exchange and refund much faster than QVC.

Honored Contributor

I just got a coupon in the mail from HSN for $10 any purchase $30 or more. 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

I miss the fun packaging, too! If always made me smile.