Honored Contributor

Re: watching qvc

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624   That's interesting that you don't watch QVC because you seem to be so knowledgeable about everything going on here and at the Q

@Teddixat   You don't have to watch if you read the boards.  All the good stuff is reported here. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I watch Q when I can't sleep.  I put volume on low and the chatter lulls me to sleep.

It has gotten very repetitious and BORING - same things over and over and over.

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I stopped watching QVC when Jill Bauer ended her Your Home With Jill shows.  That was really the only segments that I had watched in years.  There was a time that QVC was on at my house almost from morning to night.  

It was probably almost 20 years ago that I just lost interest in watching.  I did enjoy watching Jill Bauer, but only during home YHWJ shows.

QVC used to be fun and interesting.  Somewhere along the line it just lost the magic.  Then again, maybe it was me who lost the magic.  Back in the 80's the show was new and different.  I believe the hosts were better and didn't try to make the shows a popularity contest.  We all had our favorites but I have to say I enjoyed almost all of them.  

I'm very glad that I did know QVC when it was in it's heyday. Watching Kathy Levine, Steve Bryant, Bob Bowersox, Dave King, Paul Kelley and a very young Pat James was always very entertaining for me.  The products were all so unique and most of them were not always available to purchase at local stores.  Of course, that was long before online shopping and the availability to buy most everything with just a touch of a button.

I'm actually surprised that home shopping channels still exist. I'm very glad that they do because for many they not only provide a service but are a joy and comfort for those who live alone.  

Even though I no longer watch QVC, I still very much enjoy coming to the forums.  It's always interesting to see the different points of view and many times a forum member has been very helpful to me by answering a question or just making a kind comment that lifted my spirits.  

Years ago, the Q sold quality 14KT & 18KT gold jewelry - earrings, rings, bracelets (rolo), pendants, chains. I bought it all - that's when gold was low-priced. I also have a few Brazilian Amethyst rings/charms. I treasure all of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

I have a (hopefully constructive) comment to make...

When hosts or vendors present, I find it not only irritating, but also rather condescending to hear them speaking to me as if I don't understand. For instance, the lean forward and e - nun - ci - ate at me.

A presenter who is entirely easy and pleasant to listen to is the young lady for "Women With Control". She has what I would classify as perfect tone and rhythm. She speaks as if she was in the room with me, never over-enunciating/ never slowing down as if I'm a child.

About measuring...

no wonder retail businesses must be pulling their hair out! 
The people who sew garments in China have no idea how to measure...that much is obvious to me! No wonder there is no consistency from one garment to another in terms of size.😱

The clothes are made in sweat shops where the workers make very little money.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I do like watching ITKWD.  He's kinda fun.

@KKJ    Used to be when he really cooked.  Now he just hawks prepared food, Temptations and Lock 'n Lock, along with Mark Charles' junk. 

True, and he doesn't even do the "Happy Dance" anymore!  LOL

@KKJ Don't worry.  I'm sure the Happy Dance will return not that he can sample food again.  BTW, I hate the Happy Dance.  I much preferred the Yummy Face.