Esteemed Contributor

I check in but don't watch.  Not a fan of endless chatter.  If I watch I want information on what is being sold.  And I take offense at the very young models being featured with wrinkle repair products.  And the older hosts or models... with obvious botox enhancements.   I do feel sorry for some who seem to have puffy faces and oversized lips.  Deceptive for the shopper and would seem to be a bit on the shady side. 

Valued Contributor

90 seconds longer than I

Honored Contributor

If I do watch QVC, which is rarely, it is always on "mute"!!!

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching QVC when Jill Bauer ended her Your Home With Jill shows.  That was really the only segments that I had watched in years.  There was a time that QVC was on at my house almost from morning to night.  

It was probably almost 20 years ago that I just lost interest in watching.  I did enjoy watching Jill Bauer, but only during home YHWJ shows.

QVC used to be fun and interesting.  Somewhere along the line it just lost the magic.  Then again, maybe it was me who lost the magic.  Back in the 80's the show was new and different.  I believe the hosts were better and didn't try to make the shows a popularity contest.  We all had our favorites but I have to say I enjoyed almost all of them.  

I'm very glad that I did know QVC when it was in it's heyday. Watching Kathy Levine, Steve Bryant, Bob Bowersox, Dave King, Paul Kelley and a very young Pat James was always very entertaining for me.  The products were all so unique and most of them were not always available to purchase at local stores.  Of course, that was long before online shopping and the availability to buy most everything with just a touch of a button.

I'm actually surprised that home shopping channels still exist. I'm very glad that they do because for many they not only provide a service but are a joy and comfort for those who live alone.  

Even though I no longer watch QVC, I still very much enjoy coming to the forums.  It's always interesting to see the different points of view and many times a forum member has been very helpful to me by answering a question or just making a kind comment that lifted my spirits.  

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

I have a (hopefully constructive) comment to make...

When hosts or vendors present, I find it not only irritating, but also rather condescending to hear them speaking to me as if I don't understand. For instance, the lean forward and e - nun - ci - ate at me.

A presenter who is entirely easy and pleasant to listen to is the young lady for "Women With Control". She has what I would classify as perfect tone and rhythm. She speaks as if she was in the room with me, never over-enunciating/ never slowing down as if I'm a child.

About measuring...

no wonder retail businesses must be pulling their hair out! 
The people who sew garments in China have no idea how to measure...that much is obvious to me! No wonder there is no consistency from one garment to another in terms of size.😱

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a shopper and would never watch for entertainment. If it's products I like and an unbearable host, I record it, and rush through it in a few minutes.

Frequent Contributor

@KKJ   The no happy dance is a blessing!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee --  I wish I could give you 100 stars!!!   You are absolutely correct.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   That's interesting that you don't watch QVC because you seem to be so knowledgeable about everything going on here and at the Q

Honored Contributor

Re: watching qvc

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam 

You are so right....I guess people have different sizing experiences shopping with QVC depending on the brand and the quality.... You can order the same top in two different colors and have a different fit....And the 
"click here" measurements have been WAY OFF on quite a few occasions for me....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”