Esteemed Contributor

updated QVC app for Roku = NOT A FAN

I can't get over-the-air QVC in my area, so I rely on the app for Roku to watch QVC and QVC2. It has had its ups and downs over the past few years, but for many months now, it has been performing very well and is very convenient.

Tonight, I logged in and found all kinds of new "features" added that seem designed to help people buy while watching, but it really just translates into extra buttons and screens to click through plus visual clutter on a screen already crammed full of dialog boxes and text overlays and advertising pop-ups and cut-aways to what other channels are showing.

Long story short: NOT A FAN.

Anyone else?

(@Caaareful Shopper, aren't you a fellow Roku app user?)

Respected Contributor

Re: updated QVC app for Roku = NOT A FAN

Okay raises her hand!  Mine keeps  going off. I am not having trouble with others. I hope the wrinkles are ironed out. The HSN screen , independent of QVC is the most useable, it has all of the info one needs.

Honored Contributor

They must have just made these changes.  I was there 2-3 hours ago and it was normal.  It may be my TV but the picture quality on Roku is not good.  How about yours? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - I do occasionally experience picture quality issues with the Roku app, but I've found that is typically more on QVC2 than the main channel, and it honestly hasn't happened much at all over the past couple of months. Tonight, the stream quality seemed just fine aside from all the clutter, but the app did shut itself down about 10 minutes into "Holidays with David" (after it was fine throughout the second hour of ITKWD that I had been watching)—it's often not possible to tell if that's specific to the app or some timeout issue with Roku running the app.

Contributor

I could not agree with you more, loriqvc! I hate the changes...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I can't get over-the-air QVC in my area, so I rely on the app for Roku to watch QVC and QVC2. It has had its ups and downs over the past few years, but for many months now, it has been performing very well and is very convenient.

Tonight, I logged in and found all kinds of new "features" added that seem designed to help people buy while watching, but it really just translates into extra buttons and screens to click through plus visual clutter on a screen already crammed full of dialog boxes and text overlays and advertising pop-ups and cut-aways to what other channels are showing.

Long story short: NOT A FAN.

Anyone else?

(@Caaareful Shopper, aren't you a fellow Roku app user?)

@loriqvc  Hello! Yes, I have Roku, and Yes, I am not a fan of the new changes! 

I'll probably get used to it, and perhaps even like it, in time.  But right now I don't like it at all.  They want to keep our eyes on the channel while clicking the item we're looking at on our phone at the same time and shop.  They don't want our eyes to ever leave the channel!

They took away the "preview" option of the channels.  Before I could quickly move along the 6 different QVC and HSN channels to see who was hosting before actually clicking the channel.  It was easier & quicker to come right out of there and watch a movie instead. 😂