Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just being honest here. 

I refuse to buy any food products from QVC.  Sharon Faetsch not only gets samples at her home, but she takes gangs of free food home to her family.  She always says if you touch it, it's yours.  Therefore, she makes sure she touches a bunch of Bobby Shay's crab cakes so she can take them home.  I've seen her down an entire lobster tail and am sure she takes them home as well.   The size of the servings she gets on the show are ridiculous, she takes those home too.  At times, she barely takes a bite of her food, but it goes home with her.

She can eat something over and over and acts like she never tasted it before. Additionally, every other host invites her over to their display so she can have even more food. 

Liking food does not make you an expert on food.  What makes her or her taste buds qualified to sell food to us?

The customers are paying to feed her family..........I refuse to do that.. 

And just how do you know that she takes the food home?

Contributor

.who cares! This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a while. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just being honest here. 

I refuse to buy any food products from QVC.  Sharon Faetsch not only gets samples at her home, but she takes gangs of free food home to her family.  She always says if you touch it, it's yours.  Therefore, she makes sure she touches a bunch of Bobby Shay's crab cakes so she can take them home.  I've seen her down an entire lobster tail and am sure she takes them home as well.   The size of the servings she gets on the show are ridiculous, she takes those home too.  At times, she barely takes a bite of her food, but it goes home with her.

She can eat something over and over and acts like she never tasted it before. Additionally, every other host invites her over to their display so she can have even more food. 

Liking food does not make you an expert on food.  What makes her or her taste buds qualified to sell food to us?

The customers are paying to feed her family..........I refuse to do that.. 

And just how do you know that she takes the food home?

@Plaid Pants2 - Now that's a thought!  Oh no...maybe the OP is a stalker?  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

What a silly post.  There are several here who proclaim to not make purchases and usually offer some silliness as well, but this one is just ridiculous.  Good grief.  So many words to say it too.

Respected Contributor

This is one of those threads that the minute you've opened it, you wonder why you did.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LGOBLE wrote:
Not a fan of Sharon during the food shows.

I don't like food shows.  Period.  So I don't watch them but I'm glad to hear the food doesn't go to waste.

@Kachina624  Me too Kachina---not a fan of food shows and it's funny how some of the hosts start making the yummy noises and praises BEFORE they even put the food in their mouths and some even talk when their mouths are full of food..these shows defeatenly make me change the channel when I see them coming  .Woman LOL  I'm NOT a fan of Sharon, but I'm glad that the food doesn't go to waste....I've heard several hosts comment that either the crew or Q staff take the food home...From what I read, they used to donate the food to homeless shelters, but due to health laws the shelter can no longer accept the food....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LilMadi    On Facebook pages and in on air interviews and in printed articles the QVC hosts talk about how most hosts have a field of expertise and they go  to meetings to learn all about the products for a specific category they will be presenting (sometimes trips to the companies themselves)---Just like Sharon does food.....Albandy does electronics (she even went to the Las Vegas Electronic Show) and she also does fashion, Kersten exercise equipment, Nancy-jewlery/clothes, Carolyn-gardening, fashion, kitchen, Jill-home decor, jewelry, cooking, Leah-fashion, beauty etc etc..
Personally, I'm not a fan of Sharon, she acts a bit too smug and insincere for me. She corrected vendor Phillip Katz  on air when they presented the Jacqueline Kennedy Collection, and I was happy when Phillip brought forth some facts to substantiate what he said and he one upped Sharon---LOL!!! 
But as for your complaint, I really don't have a problem if she brings food home, better than having it thrown away, but as you said you are entitled to your own opinion as long as it's within QVC's guidelines.....to each his own...Peace!
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

One of the QVC vendors once told me that Bob Bowersox (David's predecessor on that show) once got food poisoning from sampling the food on air because it sits out for a long time displayed before they get to eat it, and that the hosts didn't even like having to taste the food.  I don't know whether that was true (although I did hear it from the  vendor herself) or if so, whether it is still true, but it did make sense to me.  

If true - that the food sits out for quite a while unrefrigerated - then why would Sharon want to take it home to feed her family?  Why would she anyway? She makes a more-than-decent salary at QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But, it has to make sense.  If you don't care for a particular host, okay.  I get that but just how are the Q customers paying to feed a host's family?  It's not like the ol' "my tax dollars".

Esteemed Contributor

Well, OK if that's the way you feel about it.  Wouldn't bother me but different strokes etc.