Trusted Contributor

Re: two new shows for Alberti

I think Albeti will do great with a Home show.  The photos of his home are very lovely and very much my style as well.  I think he will add a nice flair to the decorating shows that have been missed for years with most hosts.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Trusted Contributor

I like him a lot.  He has wonderful taste.  

Respected Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

I think Albeti will do great with a Home show.  The photos of his home are very lovely and very much my style as well.  I think he will add a nice flair to the decorating shows that have been missed for years with most hosts.

I wish his style was rustic country, like Mary Beth or Carolyn.  Albertis style is "chilly" - too much mercury glass and minimalistic for my tastes. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the food shows, but I think Alberti will be great doing a home show. That being said, I will turn the channel in a hot second if he starts his nonsensical laughing and gasping as someone else mentioned. It's no doubt a habit with him so I hope someone who cares about him sets him straight.

Trusted Contributor

I was afraid of this.   Alberti has QVC vendors decorate his house and yard (as seen on his Facebook).   To be a genuine in a decor show, he needs to be creative himself in finding items and creating his own items and decor look.   

I gave up looking at the Gourmet shows because of less verbal discriptions and more hosts and vendors gobbling up the food.  Doesn't tell me anything and is gross.   Without creative and accurate verbal commentary, it is only stuffing their faces.  Greatly miss the former host for her incisive discriptions of texture, flavor, smell, quality, etc.   

Valued Contributor

I really like him and I wish him well,he has manners,which I really appreciate and he looks like he really enjoys his job.I will definately watch his shows!

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL, I think you are talking about Mary Nelson.
Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

I wish his style was rustic country, like Mary Beth or Carolyn.  Albertis style is "chilly" - too much mercury glass and minimalistic for my tastes. 

Yes, his style is cold, icy, sterile.  There is nothing warm, engaging or welcoming about it.

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I was afraid of this.   Alberti has QVC vendors decorate his house and yard (as seen on his Facebook).   To be a genuine in a decor show, he needs to be creative himself in finding items and creating his own items and decor look.   

I gave up looking at the Gourmet shows because of less verbal discriptions and more hosts and vendors gobbling up the food.  Doesn't tell me anything and is gross.   Without creative and accurate verbal commentary, it is only stuffing their faces.  Greatly miss the former host for her incisive discriptions of texture, flavor, smell, quality, etc.   

I didn't realize Alberti wasn't the decorator and I miss Sharon even though I rarely watched the food shows. I liked Sharon the best doing LOGO  and loved the Kirk's Folly shows she did years ago.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I didn't realize Alberti wasn't the decorator and I miss Sharon even though I rarely watched the food shows. I liked Sharon the best doing LOGO  and loved the Kirk's Folly shows she did years ago.

Sharon was also guilty of "over-eating" on air but otherwise was a good host. Miss the good old days of Kirks Folly for sure.