Honored Contributor

Re: two new shows for Alberti

@Reever wrote:

I just think hes too young to be annointed the "decorator" once Jill leaves. Give the slot to someone like Mary Beth or Dan Hughes. They are more sensible. Not a fan of the glittery showy look that Alberti likes, also despise mercury glass spheres and I heard all last Holiday how many he owns.  Not my style. I like country. Natural Wood, roosters, floor length curtains in checkered patterns etc.  Not a fan of the urban chic look that Alberti favors. The man grew up in Manhattan. He cant relate to the rustic style of decor that many of us favor.

@Reever  you are very specific in what you want to see (and don’t want to see) in this genre, so perhaps you could contact QVC to have a “Dan Hughes for Reever’s Home” show.  

Hopefully, QVC will have several home and decor shows with a fair mix of lots of different styles that sell well.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info loriqvc. I love Alberti!
Valued Contributor

Good for him! Love him and his taste. Very good fit.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I just think hes too young to be annointed the "decorator" once Jill leaves. Give the slot to someone like Mary Beth or Dan Hughes. They are more sensible. Not a fan of the glittery showy look that Alberti likes, also despise mercury glass spheres and I heard all last Holiday how many he owns.  Not my style. I like country. Natural Wood, roosters, floor length curtains in checkered patterns etc.  Not a fan of the urban chic look that Alberti favors. The man grew up in Manhattan. He cant relate to the rustic style of decor that many of us favor.

There are many decor styles out there. I think Alberti is quite capable. But I wonder, because he grew up in Manhattan, how does that determine his designing abilities? I wish him much success. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever  I'll watch urban chic decor programming before anything rustic like you've described. Cannot imagine anything like that in my home or CO condo. 

ETA: Don't own any mercury glass in either property. Like you, not a fan of it. But I do think Alberti has excellent decorating skills and is an accomplished host at QVC. Glad he is given the chance to show this talents, interests and personality. His personality is both endearing and filled with humor. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

So glad to hear the news about his new show. I think Alberti is very talented in home design.

Trusted Contributor

I won't be watching, thanks for letting us know, never watch Q2 but would not watch him at all.  Too Phony!!  enjoy his shows...

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever   I haven't been into country style decorating for years.  You are the most opinionated person I can think of on these boards.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I like Alberti. Perfect choice for home shows.

I don’t really see anyone else that fits the bill except maybe 

that younger woman from the south (sorry, can’t think of her name off hand).

Yes, Alberti can be a bit dramatic at times, but aren’t they all in one way or another?

And that is definitely an understatement for sure!

As far as Alberti as a host - he is super friendly, very polite, knows his stuff, and doen’t do all this constant interrupting of vendor. The man has manners.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I don't care for and don't watch any of the all ready prepared food shows...... 

But I do think Alberti has talent for decorating, but instead of a decorating style show I fear it will be more in the line of Your Home With David and just a retread of the same old products with a couple more decorating accent items thrown in...But who knows, maybe QVC will SHOCK me and give him a show more in the line of what LR did...that's what many of us suggested and would like to see...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”