Honored Contributor

Does anyone find TV commercials as annoying as we do?  How do you react to them and how can we deal with them?  Is it just us or arethere more commercials per hour than in the past?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

I get around many of them by DVRing the majority of my favorite shows and then fast forwarding thru the ads. I'm particularly hating the Farmer's Insurance ads, especially the one with the truck on the roof.....the eyes on the boy in that one make him look demented.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of them.  What really bothers me is when they break into a program every 3 minutes and we are forced to watch the same string of commercials over and over and over again.  I just hit my mute button so I don't have to hear them.  

Honored Contributor

The commercials that are wearing on me at the moment are Xfinity with Amy Poehler.  They're inescapable - both radio and TV.  Amy is supposed to be funny but instead is stupid and annoying.  Is that her intended persona?

Honored Contributor

Find other forms of entertainment.

Honored Contributor

I remember cable companies promised no commercials because we paid for our viewing.  What happened?

Yes, TV is overloaded with ads and so much longer than before.  Now they show 4-5 ads at a clip.  Companies are wasting their time on me because I tune out or get up and do something else until regular programming returns.

Like most ads with animals, but many others are downright annoying.

Channels show their ads at the same time, so changing channels doesn't work unless it's to a shopping or one of the move channels that don't use them.  

Respected Contributor

Yes and more than half the air time a show is on consist of commercials. So we record everything and then fast forward through all of the commercials. I understand why they have commercials as that is what pays for the shows to be on the air. However I don't think it is necessary to have between ten and twelve commercials on every break.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

Yes and more than half the air time a show is on consist of commercials. So we record everything and then fast forward through all of the commercials. I understand why they have commercials as that is what pays for the shows to be on the air. However I don't think it is necessary to have between ten and twelve commercials on every break.

I know, and have you ever timed those commercials.  A lot of them are 10, 15, 20 and 30 sec because of the cost of them.  That's why there are so many at a time.  So disgusting when they need to have 4-5 minutes of commercials at a time.  I mute a lot Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I mostly watch from my DVR and Xfinity has come up with a nifty new feature that automatically starts the show again when I fast forward and the commercials are over - brilliant! 

However, the commercials still drive me up the wall in the morning when I have the news on in the background while I'm getting ready for work - to catch weather and traffic updates. 

There's a local car dealer that is so irritating that I've considered calling them and telling them that I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM THEM AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO YELL AT ME THROUGH MY TV!  There's another commercial for an attorney where a woman says "MIKE MADE 'EM PAY" so much louder than the rest of the commercial, it still startles me  because it sounds like the lady is right in the room!  What a way to start my day! 

Trusted Contributor

Commercials are absolutely annoying. Some more than others. The Liberty Mutual with the Emu....endless ads for yet another drug....the Class Action Lawsuits....Medicare...Reverse Mortgage....Cell Phone Companies....so, I DVR my favorite shows to watch later when I can fast forward through the commercials.