Super Contributor

I agree, and a kind suggestion to the QVC host teams...I have been a longtime viewer and shopper and love QVC, FYI...not bashing here. But, it is almost comical to watch and appreciate a beauty product being presented when the gobs of eyebrow makeup, false lashes, and more are packed on the hosts faces. Having worked in TV myself, I understand that TV makeup is different from everyday street makeup, but it can be made to look appealing and natural. The hosts have gone clownish now.

Honored Contributor

Re: too much makeup

[ Edited ]

I really dislike comments about a person's makeup, hairstyle, clothing, pronunciation, body shape, and such.  People should post pictures of themselves before critiquing someone else.  

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:
OMG. In thought I was the only one who couldn’t stand Mary Nelson’s voice.

Nope!  I also have to change the channel or mute it when she's on.  Her voice just gives off nervous vibes.

Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

One would think with all the make-up and beauty products they sell the hosts would know a thing or two about make-up. 

Not all the hosts wear a lot of make-up, Mary Beth looks appropriate, Carolyn Gracie , Jill Baur and Jane Brown look good in my opinion. Then there are some that should scale back a bit on the eyeliner, eyemakeup, eyelashes, etc. Courtney K. Shawn K. and even my favorite Amy S. could use a little less.

@hsawaknow   I agree!  I've also noticed those hosts that you've mentioned with too much makeup lately looking over the top.  If they scalled back a bit they would look so much better.

Honored Contributor

There’s definitely a big difference between extra makeup for the lights and HD of tv and just being over the top.

What bothers me more than host makeup is models’ makeup during makeup presentations. How can we tell what a product would look like on us (naturally and appropriately applied) when it’s so overdone on the models?

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I really dislike comments about a person's makeup, hairstyle, clothing, pronunciation, body shape, and such.  People should post pictures of themselves before critiquing someone else.  

-----------------

I am not criticizing the person that hosts for QVC. I am reviewing the 'look' that the QVC make up artists are giving the hosts. Their sole job is to ensure that the hosts look attractive for their presentations.  

I find the dark, black-eye look unattractive, very distracting and totally unnecessary!!