Honored Contributor
On 3/13/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/13/2015 colinka said:

Don't be snarky, KYToby. I originally loved the Q because you could find new and original items from smaller vendors there. It was like going to a unique small street of shops, versus the copycat bland shopping mall stores. Now it's just not as exciting or as special. The Q has sold its soul.

Toby isn't being snarky; she's being realistic. The last thing the Q is interested in is giving the shopper a warm and fuzzy feeling or making their programming "special". It's all about the bottom line, baby.

Oh I think QVC is using social media thing playing the "the hosts are your friends" card and attempting to give customers that warm and fuzzy feeling with cutesy stories on the front page of the forum about Mary Beth's baby photos, Dan Wheeler's dog, Rachel's love of books....and before that Shawn's and Courtney's wedding.....But ya know what gets me shopping....NONE OF THE ABOVE. Nope, I like unique merchandise (that I can't find locally) that is good quality at a good price! ---Unfortunately, I am not finding this at QVC these days, so I'm not watching and shopping at other retailers....

And their current strategy is definitely impacting their bottom line in percentage of revenue increases and units sold compared to their competition.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I turned on the Q today for about an hour to see part of the Dooney show and even as a handbag lover, off it went an hour before the show was even over... The same bags, the same prices, the same shipping the same host spiels... Enough! And when you're limiting customer options for shopping with you as badly as QVC has, yes, customers reach a saturation point. So unless they really think they can make it with all those 'new' customers they're always pontificating about, then I wish them good luck, because sooner or later, a significant percentage of 'loyal' customers are going to look elsewhere. To be sure, they'll always retain some, but others of us are reaching our limit.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Stevie, l agree. I think they're taking a gamble. The decision-makers are hoping that the number of new, younger customers they might pick up is larger than those long-time customers they will lose because they've alienated us. Time will tell, but l don't think their gamble will pay off.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor
On 3/14/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/13/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/13/2015 colinka said:

Don't be snarky, KYToby. I originally loved the Q because you could find new and original items from smaller vendors there. It was like going to a unique small street of shops, versus the copycat bland shopping mall stores. Now it's just not as exciting or as special. The Q has sold its soul.

Toby isn't being snarky; she's being realistic. The last thing the Q is interested in is giving the shopper a warm and fuzzy feeling or making their programming "special". It's all about the bottom line, baby.

Oh I think QVC is using social media thing playing the "the hosts are your friends" card and attempting to give customers that warm and fuzzy feeling with cutesy stories on the front page of the forum about Mary Beth's baby photos, Dan Wheeler's dog, Rachel's love of books....and before that Shawn's and Courtney's wedding.....But ya know what gets me shopping....NONE OF THE ABOVE. Nope, I like unique merchandise (that I can't find locally) that is good quality at a good price! ---Unfortunately, I am not finding this at QVC these days, so I'm not watching and shopping at other retailers....

And their current strategy is definitely impacting their bottom line in percentage of revenue increases and units sold compared to their competition.

The social media and "hosts are our friends" doesn't get me to shop. I pretty much cut back to just an occasional order. Will be less soon as I seldom watch the nonsense.

Respected Contributor

They have small vendors, but generally they are on shows like Am Style PM Style and more general shows. The vendors that get 1 or 2 hours during the day probably sell a lot of merchandise.

Respected Contributor

I think the High End Vendors they have kept are the ones who have generated Big Dollars due to a MS. L.R. She helped drive up sales. I do believe QVC wants to gear more to high end lines and get rid of the ones that don't make those big dollars. But and I say but, those smaller vendors got QVC on the map. I remember when Judith Ripka sold rings for $30 & $40 and now it's so ridiculous. I purchased a Dennis Basso faux fur coat many years ago and it looks like new and it cost around $129 I know we've had some inflation, but again I think the Q is gearing to be the high end shopping channel. TSV's use to be a great deal.. Now, it's a joke most of the time. Those good old days are long gone.

Respected Contributor

Hello, newlook and welcome. Smile

It was sad when Kirk's Folly went out of business.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder