Honored Contributor

Re: suzanne somers

[ Edited ]

You can be just as educated and even more so than many who have degrees all over the place!! Her research for her certified organic products is admirable.  From what I have found she does extensive research with some of the foremost research doctors who are not just clones that med schools pump out who are influenced by the big pharmaceutical companies who help fund med schools and set their curriculum's!  She just doesn't make stuff up.  She is not one who just buys into a brand just to have her name on it like so many  celebrities do!  Some will never recognize this and just come to ridiculous conclusions without checking things out to find out the truth about products!!! 

Also she doesn 't take up to 100 vitamins a day - but different types of herbal supplements and some cannot listen effectively to know that so to them it probably doesn't seem possible for anyone to educate themselves to know so much without "degrees"!!  I take about 25 supplements myself and it does help many issues I have!!! 

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

I see suzanne somers is coming to the q in june.  She makes the rounds on the shopping networks.  i have tried her products and they are good.

I think she has a big following.  I hear good things about her items.  I think she was on HSN as well.  I think she has a reputation of being hard to work with.  I wonder who they will pair her with.  It will be interesting to see if her prices go up.

Trusted Contributor

LOL....I love and use Lessman's vitamins, but seriously, he is such a diva  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I think it's a big mistake on Q's part. Suzanne will definitely not like the way Q operates. We'll see how long she lasts.  JMHO

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

I disagree with you, @willomenia.

After her bout of breast cancer, she did her homework.  She aligned herself with homeopathic physicians and nutritionists, herbalists - you name it.  She dug deep and realized that the toxic ****** we put in and on our bodies - causes a lot of the cancers we are dealing with now.

She's not a scam artist.  She's a smart, intelligent business woman who wasn't going to let cancer kill her.  And if she could save and educate others, that's what she was going to do. 

Her products are good.  Give them a try before throwing her under a bus. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

I think it's a big mistake on Q's part. Suzanne will definitely not like the way Q operates. We'll see how long she lasts.  JMHO

If her products sell, Q couldn't care less and neither will SS.

The show is "A New Way to Age"

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also believe she has a vast amount of knowledge on many health issues - especially woman's .  She has done a great deal of research and I have read several of her books and found them so full of very helpful information ! 

cant wait to see her on the Q!!!

( i'd like to add that it was in one of her books where I first read about using D mannose  as a natural cure for for urinary tract infections .     Suzanne wrote that  in Third World countries where they could not afford antibiotics  used this to treat them .

I had  been to many top urologists who never told me of the simple easy remedy  and since taking DMannose  I have never had another UTI and a very good friend of mine  has used it to treat her cystitis  )

She sure  does her homework !

Contributor

I agree...  she writes all these books on hormone replacement etc..   My sister in law did all these so-called hormone replacement things Suzanna touts and she got ovarian cancer as a result of doing this..   Actors need to stick to acting and not try and become an expert on things they believe in...   

Frequent Contributor

Has anyone had a reaction to S.S. Skin care?  I purchased her skin care line and had a outbreak on my face.  Big red blotches with a rash.  I went to my derm and brought her my products of S.S.  I told my derm that i wanted to go more organic.  She replied just because it is organic does not mean it's good.  She looked at the ingredient deck and said she noticed a few skin irritants that would cause my reaction.  Darn.  I am returning the products!

Esteemed Contributor

I've used her products when they first came out and they were quality products. 

I like and enjoy her energy.  I am also pleased that she is a female in business and has done well. 

She looks good for the years (sure she's had some things done) and she still takes good care of herself. 

I look forward to seeing her on the Q. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust