No not for a while...

Honored Contributor

It has to be a year.

Valued Contributor

@mompete wrote:

does qvc no longer have mr. simonton and his fashions on

Sadly he has gone from the Q! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I used to like to check in to see George himself -  liked his personality and his quirky outfits.  Sad to say, people like me may be part of the reason he's gone because even in the years I was spending constantly, I never once ordered from his line.  I don't even remember why I didn't, but I know I have no Simonton in my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed his shows and sorry to see he wasn't asked to continue on QVC.  I bought a few things--best is a beautiful black/ivory houndstooth jacket w/matching scarf.  I think it came in another color way too.

Super Contributor
I enjoyed him too. If my memory serves me correctly, he was the first on the Q at least 3 years back to introduce the now fashion craze (cold shoulder).
Honored Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:
I enjoyed him too. If my memory serves me correctly, he was the first on the Q at least 3 years back to introduce the now fashion craze (cold shoulder).

@Westshopper

I think you're right about the cold shoulder.  The first (and last) one I bought was a Simonton animal print turtleneck with long sleeves.  I wore it once and it was uncomfortable under a jacket, so I cut off the sleeves.  It's now a sleeveless turtleneck.

I think that may have been the last thing I bought from his line.  I don't know what happened to him, but his fashion "vision" changed and he went off in a different direction - one that I didn't like.

And ... about the above turtleneck:  the collar wasn't faced . just a little hem.  SG did that on her butterknit turtlenecks also.   I ended up facicng them myself ... easier than returning them.  Collar is floppy if they aren't turned or faced.