Honored Contributor

Re: signature required UPS delivery

@1Professor 

I checked mine too...honestly, I'm not concerned as others just wondered why signature was required.   I'm not expecting anything else from Q (or any other retailer).  I'm thinking it's due to claims and I see a lot of comments here about non-delivery, missing contents, etc. -- this is certainly not something I've had happen-- thank goodness

78CAE154-DD7F-4EA0-BA79-0B9FF5571580.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

Thanks for sharing.

So it isn't related to "2d day," since your signature was required on GROUND!

However, some of us (me) order a lot (just not going to stores during COVID times).

Having to suddenly sign will not be welcome.

With 3 of us posting that it just happened to them on your thread here, it must have happened to many—since most Q customers don't use the Community Forums.

Valued Contributor

I had to sign for UPS delivery today, too. Two pkgs came. I didn't know if I was signing for one or two. One was clothes- $40, other was drink tablets AD-$58. I thought it was odd and I have one more pkg that is being held at UPS for delivery later.

It has been 12 yrs since I reported a lost pkg, that was the only time.

@homedecor1 

@1Professor 

Valued Contributor

This just happened to me with some S Graver pants. I caught the driver just as he was going back to the truck with my package. He asked me to confirm my name and said he was glad I answered. I thought it was strange but he was in a hurry as they usually are so I didn't qiestion him. I hope this isn't going to be a regular "thing" now with UPS.

Valued Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@homedecor1 

Thanks for sharing.

So it isn't related to "2d day," since your signature was required on GROUND!

However, some of us (me) order a lot (just not going to stores during COVID times).

Having to suddenly sign will not be welcome.

With 3 of us posting that it just happened to them on your thread here, it must have happened to many—since most Q customers don't use the Community Forums.

Count me in on the mystery UPS Signature Required delivery list. Last week I ordered a $25 shirt. It was finally shipped "UPS Signature Ground" from a warehouse in Canada. It will arrive in a week with signature required. So no second-day shipping here. Maybe they are requiring signatures for international tracking? 

I have never had a missing QVC package, or a missing UPS package. Or a missing package from anyone really.  

I'll probably call QVC customer service tomorrow and ask what's up. 

Years ago an order I placed with an online retailer was marked "Signature Required" on the UPS tracking page.  Perplexed I called the retailer. They said it was a UPS error. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have my UPS packages delivered to a CVS location less that a mile away. I have to sign for them there to show I picked them up. The only packages that come to my house are wine that must also be signed for. I would rather pick up my packages at a location than wait until all hours of the night for UPS to grace me with his presence. My UPS driver can be anywhere from 11:00 am to 10 pm. This way they are almost always available for pick up before noon.

Respected Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@homedecor1 , that happened to me today also.  I have an account with UPS so I was notified a package would be delivered today, then later I received another email that I could track the driver, and after I read the notice again, saw where I needed to sign for it. but it did give me an option to sign now before it was delivered.  It was simply clothing, however it was over $100 so I thought maybe that was the reason.  UPS delivery notice is accurate for me, and I can manage my deliveries, I just need to pay attention when I receive the delivery notice.

@new nickname 4  Wow, that is strange, right?  Unless I'm missing something, doesn't that negate the whole reason to sign that you received the package?  🤷🎁

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

That happened to me yesterday.  Had to sign for a Q package.  The UPS driver was apologetic about knocking because he needed my signature.

Mine were two Valerie Parr Hill display mirrors.  Not expensive, no special delivery--just UPS ground.  I had known this was signature delivery since I received the email that they had shipped.  

I've had much larger and more expensive items from QVC shipped without ever requiring a signature.  I have no idea why and I was going to start my own thread about it asking if anyone else had this happen.

This had no special packaging, but I have to say that both mirrors arrived in excellent condition!

Respected Contributor

IF the Q changed the package delivery option for UPS to signature required it's because they are experiencing a high rate of loss.

We have no idea how many people are stating they never received their item(s) and its costing the Q too much money in lost claims.  I'm sure UPS will NOT participate in those claims since the "signature required" option is not implemented.

Off subject it's true that UPS will even deny a claim for damage if they deem the packaging for the contents is not acceptable.  No wonder UPS retires more millionaires that any other corporation....and that's true.

Honored Contributor

Given the high rate of theft of packages from peoples' porches, etc., it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get to a point of having to sign for everything.