New Contributor

I just returned 2 items that were not what they were cracked up to be.  And, for the price in my opinion ridiculous.  So, I paid $7.98 to have it shipped to me and the return was $6.95 for a total of $14.93 and I got nothing for it????  Another thing, unless it's on clearance the clothes are not the value of the prices they get for them.  QVC is making a killing in returned item alone.  Never mind what they make on their sales.  No more for me!

Honored Contributor

I'm intrigued by the shipping rate of $7.98 that you cite.  I thought their shipping charges were either $3.00 or $5.00, depending on the cost of the item.  

Honored Contributor

Only some things are $3 and $5, not everything.  It's basically lightweight things.  Things like pocket books or vacuums are higher.  

Trusted Contributor

You had the items sent to you, did not like them, and returned them.  Who should pay for the shipping if not you?

Shipping costs money, and if you d not pay for it, the rest of us have to in higher prices.  When purchasing from home, not liking something is a risk you take.  QVC is up front with its shipping.  Prices are not hidden fro you, and the return policy is clearly spelled out on this website.

We all make mistake s some times and make bad decisions (wuch as in whether something is  good value for us or not), but when that happens, we should not try to get others to pay for our own mistakes.

Honored Contributor

Re: shipping costs

[ Edited ]

I don't know, but I find the descriptor 'mistake' to be both a value judgment and erroneous. When purchasing 'remotely' we're at the mercy of what we can see on-air or on-line. Often, details are not visible until we get an item home. It's unfortunate that some pretty clearly and consistently need to assign 'blame' and said blame is almost always assigned to customers. The fact that QVC is 'up front' about their shipping policy doesn't negate our ability to express our opinions about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...