Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I used to find shawn  so adorable and fun to watch,  she was refreshing and cute.  I don't feel that so much anymore.  She is too into herself and doesnt  have that cute look or approach any longer.  She doesnt  give detailed information on items she just  struts around !  I don't like that piece of hair covering her eye either ,  IMO not a good look . I loved her pretty blonde hair and fresh pretty makeup when she first started.  It's her choice to look as she wishes ,  it's just my observation only.

I don't  know if anyone else saw this but when Breezies had that TSV last week she was hosting one of the times it was presented and one of the girls from the family was showing  how to measure fir a perfect fit .  Well Shawn comes walking over to her and says she wants her to measure her cause she not sure if she is buying the correct bra size,  then she measured her🙀  that just seemed so weird to me and a very strange thing to do!!  

Honored Contributor

Do what I do.....never watch her.

Occasional Contributor

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

If you're shopping online you should be able to figure out the math.  Of course there will be s&h and tax.

Honored Contributor

I guess since we are not getting a deal anymore shopping at the Q, they think you should not mind if the host fudges on the price. Yes, Shawn is not the only host who doesn't give the right price, I think the Q tells them to do it. They are hoping you are not listening or watching the show that closely. I have heard some hosts say the price, plus S&H and tax, but of course they are not going to figure it out for you on air. If they did their homework though, they could. I think most people who shop the Q buy from the TV, not online, so you find out just what the damage is when you listen to automated ordering.

Valued Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I used to find shawn  so adorable and fun to watch,  she was refreshing and cute.  I don't feel that so much anymore.  She is too into herself and doesnt  have that cute look or approach any longer.  She doesnt  give detailed information on items she just  struts around !  I don't like that piece of hair covering her eye either ,  IMO not a good look . I loved her pretty blonde hair and fresh pretty makeup when she first started.  It's her choice to look as she wishes ,  it's just my observation only.

I don't  know if anyone else saw this but when Breezies had that TSV last week she was hosting one of the times it was presented and one of the girls from the family was showing  how to measure fir a perfect fit .  Well Shawn comes walking over to her and says she wants her to measure her cause she not sure if she is buying the correct bra size,  then she measured her🙀  that just seemed so weird to me and a very strange thing to do!!  

She is a show in and of herself. She knows exactly what she is doing. You could not have said it better or more accurately. That is why I just change the channel and go to the computer.

Respected Contributor

Shawn must sell a lot.  She has some pretty good real estate on QVC.  I will say she brings a lot of energy to a show.  While she was on maternity leave, I missed her energy.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

To me, it’s also annoying to hear one of 6 easy payments is the same of a going out for a fancy coffee. What!?!?  Who goes to Starbucks every day for a $6 Cappuccino or other fancy shmancy drink...furthermore who is she to monitor my spending?

@Shanus I have no skin in this discussion about Shawn’s sales pitch since I usually dissect for myself what they say versus what I think is the truth to make my decisions.  

However, the Starbucks thing — yes indeed a very large proportion of the population get their morning coffee, at about $6/cup/day, from Starbucks.  That’s why there are Starbucks on nearly every other corner, at least in cities with lots of shopping options or traffic.  Add to that the Starbucks in grocery & discount stores.  The one inside the Target attached to my office building has been renovated 3 times in the last 10 yrs because the crowds in line get bigger & bigger every morning.  That Starbucks is restaurant size now.  So that overused phrase is actually right on the money.

@Caaareful Shopper  Apologies. No insults intended. More to the point is SK’s (& other hosts) frequent referral to how little an item costs when compared to a cup of coffee each day, an “easy pay being a dollar a day” (just say $30, we can do the math). 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to other posters