Re: self models

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

When I first opened this thread, the OP was under a different name, something like "evilmom." And I saw that nic on another thread today.

@suzyQ3you are correct. evilmomlady or something.

So we know what that means, @qbetzforreal 

I had also recognized the signature.

@suzyQ3 @qbetzforreal 

I don't know what it means??? She has been alternating between her regular nic and that one for a few days now. I just thought she was trying on a new nic to see if she liked it. It does not appear anything is being hidden since the signature has not changed. We are allowed to change our nic. I just never saw the benefit of it.

@tiny 2, it is not okay to have multiple nics on any forum.

@suzyQ3,  OK,  Is it considered multiple if you are just changing the one you have back and forth. Am I mistaken about it being ok to change your nic? I'm speaking on a permanent basis? If it is for deception then it is rather juvenile.

@tiny 2, if a poster is using more than nic at a time, then yes, it's multiple. Changing your nic is fine, but it is a nicety to announce it by mentioning in your sig.

We come here to chat. Many of us get to "know" each other. Someone who chats with different names does not have my trust. I think that it is often a way keeping one nic somewhat legit and using the other to post things that the first nic wouldn't. I think that is what was going on here based on what I saw she posted in another thread using her secondary nic

I can't think of any good reason to have more than one nic at a time. And changing from one to the other in this thread?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tiny 2, it is not okay to have multiple nics on any forum.

@suzyQ3,  OK,  Is it considered multiple if you are just changing the one you have back and forth. Am I mistaken about it being ok to change your nic? I'm speaking on a permanent basis? If it is for deception then it is rather juvenile.

@tiny 2, if a poster is using more than nic at a time, then yes, it's multiple. Changing your nic is fine, but it is a nicety to announce it by mentioning in your sig.

We come here to chat. Many of us get to "know" each other. Someone who chats with different names does not have my trust. I think that it is often a way keeping one nic somewhat legit and using the other to post things that the first nic wouldn't. I think that is what was going on here based on what I saw she posted in another thread using her secondary nic

I can't think of any good reason to have more than one nic at a time. And changing from one to the other in this thread?

@suzyQ3,  Yes, Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Another hijacked English word making it have dual meanings.  Where does this start and why?  Personally, I don't think it's cute.  

This is a scooter.

See the source image

Fat Road - Electric Fat Tire Scooter Moped

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

What's so bad about "self-modeling" an item on ebay"?  What's so white trash?  It's ebay, for heaven's sake, not Tiffany's.  Selling on ebay IS sort of "white trash".   Just kidding, I've sold on ebay myself, it's just a joke.

And where in the world does an ebay seller come up with a professional model?

Anyway, I thought we were in an era when all people were considered "beautiful" and we should all be "inclusive", not just pander to a pretty face.

As a purchaser and seller on Ebay for years, Ebay is a great place.  You must have not had successs being a seller @blueroses47  since you think it's a joke. 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

What's so bad about "self-modeling" an item on ebay"?  What's so white trash?  It's ebay, for heaven's sake, not Tiffany's.  Selling on ebay IS sort of "white trash".   Just kidding, I've sold on ebay myself, it's just a joke.

Anyway, I thought we were in an era when all people were considered "beautiful" and we should all be "inclusive", not just pander to a pretty face.

As a purchaser and seller on Ebay for years, Ebay is a great place.  You must have not had successs being a seller @blueroses47  since you think it's a joke. 

San Antonio Gal,   You misinterpret what I said, or else I said it in a clumsy way.  I don't think EBAY is a joke, I was just joking about it being "white trash".  Just comparing it to snobbish stores like Gucci or Tiffany's.

Maybe I shouldn't even have joked about that in these ultra sensitive times.  It's like you can't say anything anymore.

But I love Ebay, and have bought and sold on ebay many, many times.  My husband couldn't live without Ebay.

Maybe you can reread my post, and understand.  Sorry, I never meant to offend ebay buyers or sellers.  I'm the least pretentious of people.  My husband goes looking for good trash to bring home and have me rehab, it's one of my hobbies.

Honored Contributor

Re: self models

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1   @SunValley    I don't have great hands so when I photograph jewelry, I use a hand mannequin I bought on Amazon like this. 

r

@Kachina624      !!!!!     My grandma had one of those flesh-color fake "hands" she used to store her rings.  She kept it standing up on the bathroom windowsill.  She even gave it a "manicure".     It was kinda creepy.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1   @SunValley    I don't have great hands so when I photograph jewelry, I use a hand mannequin I bought on Amazon like this. 

20210313_104948.jpg

@Kachina624    "Thing" from The Addams Family

Image result for Thing From Addams Family. Size: 202 x 160. Source: www.endedtvseries.com

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

San Antonio Gal,   You misinterpret what I said, or else I said it in a clumsy way.  I don't think EBAY is a joke, I was just joking about it being "white trash".  Just comparing it to snobbish stores like Gucci or Tiffany's.

Maybe I shouldn't even have joked about that in these ultra sensitive times.  It's like you can't say anything anymore.

But I love Ebay, and have bought and sold on ebay many, many times.  My husband couldn't live without Ebay.

Maybe you can reread my post, and understand.  Sorry, I never meant to offend ebay buyers or sellers.  I'm the least pretentious of people.  My husband goes looking for good trash to bring home and have me rehab, it's one of my hobbies.

Do you know what that term means? It has nothing to do with objects. SMH

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   Creepy person that I am, I've stood mine up to store ring too.  That way I can enjoy looking at them. 9

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   Creepy person that I am, I've stood mine up to store ring too.  That way I can enjoy looking at them. 9

@Kachina624     That's OK......I have one of those bloody-looking rubber hands.....that I hang out the trunk of my car for Halloween.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥