Trusted Contributor

see their side - maybe forums became

too heavy a load for them to carry

heavy load.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: see their side - maybe forums became

Does anyone know if business liability insurance underwriting regulations have changed in reference to social media? What yesterday was NOT considered a risk exposure, today is one. Then suddenly the activity becomes a hot potato and the sky starts to fall. Insurance costs go up or an insurer may refuse coverage outright.

I have been through this many times in my life: with sports, hiking trails, parking lots, even in-office birthday parties.

It might have been the final straw.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    If that was the case, it would have been considerate of them to mention it....instead of just "hanging up" on us.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 I am not aware of what you are talking about.  Please explain.

@newname0 same to you.  Do not follow.

Respected Contributor

Having worked in Information Technology more years then I care to admit here, feel it relates to cost. Cost of maintaining a lease of the software plus cost of maintenance of software is probably too expensive and they no longer care to foot the expense when they probably feel that is what FB is for. Guess no company really wants to tell their customers that something has become too expensive, therefore they are dropping it. My question relates to the moderators, are they still going to be around to communicate with via email on order issues? Imagine they also moderate FB so hopefully they will still take emails and look in to open order issues.
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi  You're right, but it would have been completely out of character for QVC's communication style. QVC has always been a buttoned up company. At least they're consistent.

Respected Contributor

@Kindaglitzy   On anotheer thread, think on October 4th, Wayne, a member of the QVC social team, said that the QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com e-mail would still be available to customers.

BUT back at some point in July this year a Social Team moderator--Wayne--assured us that these forums would continue . . . and we now know how THAT turned out.

I'm certain that was true, as far as they knew, at that moment.

Certain they are not given much advance notice of any changes.

I hope their jobs are safe; they are the "best of the best" in terms of QVC customer service.  If QVC's "downsizing" continues--who knows.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Having worked in Information Technology more years then I care to admit here, feel it relates to cost. Cost of maintaining a lease of the software plus cost of maintenance of software is probably too expensive and they no longer care to foot the expense when they probably feel that is what FB is for. Guess no company really wants to tell their customers that something has become too expensive, therefore they are dropping it. My question relates to the moderators, are they still going to be around to communicate with via email on order issues? Imagine they also moderate FB so hopefully they will still take emails and look in to open order issues.

I would be surprised if they didn't layoff at least some of the mods.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's all about the bottom line....it costs to run this site. 

However in my message to the new CEO when I asked him to please reconsider keeping it open, I mentioned that many of us spend a lot here due to postings about products on the forum.  It's a much different format than FB which is not as pleasant for many.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  Business liability insurance is just a part of the cost of doing business. It can run for years with regular moderate price increases (just like our home insurance) and then suddenly the insurance company gets worried about a specific area and makes big changes. 

People start running around screaming "We're gonna get sued" and panic, demanding that the specific activity or whatever be eliminated.

i don't know whether this has happened -- just asking if anybody does know.

We're all just speculating here. There could be a hundred different reasons, or just one.