Frequent Contributor

$12 to ship a $50 Lisa Rinna dress to me in Anchorage. Most all on line orders from anywhere charge more but QVC doubles the actual cost to ship. Done with the Q

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ridiculous shipping costs

How's the weather up there...........are you getting more daylight now?  We (lower 48 NYS) are finally getting some (some) warm weather but the tree leaves are a month behind.  Life isn't perfect.  Now to your shipping charges:  Considering the distance I'm not sure $12 is out of line.  A birthday gift costing $10 (a cute little thing) going 140 miles in NYS cost me a buck or 2 more than the  GIFT to mail.

Check out other websites and see what they would charge to ship   Postal rates down here are NO BARGAIN either.    Think summer!

Frequent Contributor

Hi, yes most of the day is daylight. My first summer here. Winter was mild. Anyway, shipping costs. I am quite the expert as I only shop on line, never go to stores. QVC is the only one of the shopping networks that charges so much. They are making money on it. They charge pretty consistantly  about 25% for what they call off shore shipping. I frequently shipped from NC to AK before I moved here and I know what it costs and it is about 1/2 of what they are charging. They are no longer a value to me.

Honored Contributor

Using Ebates or some other form of a rebate will offset the shipping charges.  Just wondering if any of the above posters participate with a rebate company?  Ebates pays you your rebates for all your charges on a quarterly basis and it does add up. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Using Ebates or some other form of a rebate will offset the shipping charges.  Just wondering if any of the above posters participate with a rebate company?  Ebates pays you your rebates for all your charges on a quarterly basis and it does add up. 

@San Antonio Gal  I use Ebates but didn;t know about the shipping charges.  How does that work?  Do I have to do anything or is it automatic when using Ebates?

Contributor

Not only are shipping costs out of hand, the Exchange Program sucks.  I sent two items back for exchange, wrote a letter with the return slip so that they new exactly what I was asking for and guess what.   THEY REFUNDED THE ITEMS.

Is this ignorance or carelessnes or what.   How hard is it to recognize an exchange request from a refund request.  

I also tried three times to change my Debit Card information.  Replace the old number with a new number.    It took three different calls to get this taken care of.

The bigger QVC gets, the more mistakes being made to customers.