Contributor

Last year, I purchased a regular sized Frost Guard for my husband's Honda Element.  Did this because both the host and the sales person, said that the extra large was for things like the bigger trucks, etc.   Well, the regular size Frost Guard was way too small for the windshield.  Found this out after the first snow storm.   This year I got wise, and purchased the extra-large size.  My husband said that this fits his windshield just fine.  Don't know who is doing the measurements on these things.  But now I have an extra Frost Guard that we can't use.   If you have an Element, GO with the extra large size.

Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem with mine.  I drive a Subaru Forester, ordered the regular sized one and there is a gap on either side of the frost guard where it doesn't cover my windshield completely.  I would also like to see them make the top fabric more resistant to ice.  We get alot of freezing rain here and it sticks to the fabric and is impossible to shake off, then melts all over the back of my car. 

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Maybe you should have read the measurements and measured your windshield.  SUVs come in different sizes.  There is also a chart you could have referred to regarding the recomended size for your vehicle -- it lists the make/model type also. 

You should be able to rely on a show host.  After all, that is their job. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Maybe you should have read the measurements and measured your windshield.  SUVs come in different sizes.  There is also a chart you could have referred to regarding the recomended size for your vehicle -- it lists the make/model type also. 

------------------------

Kamer -  where is that chart???  I considered buying some  Frost Guards for Christmas presents, but didn't  because I wasn't sure of size vs. car windshield.  Would love to look at chart...thanks!!

Honored Contributor

I bit and bought two of them last year and gifted them to both sons....  neither of them will use them, says they are just too much trouble to deal with.  They stick to the windows and are actually harder to get them AND the ice off because of it.  So they just don't use them.

I can see these ending up in thrift stores all over this great Nation~!!   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

------------------------

Kamer -  where is that chart??? 

On QVC website....

Detailed chart:  http://www.qvc.com/footers/fth/pdf/V33445_Recommended_Size_by_Vehicle.pdf

Standard chart:  http://www.qvc.com/footers/fth/pdf/V33445_Sizing_Chart.pdf

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

------------------------

Kamer -  where is that chart??? 

On QVC website....

Detailed chart:  http://www.qvc.com/footers/fth/pdf/V33445_Recommended_Size_by_Vehicle.pdf

Standard chart:  http://www.qvc.com/footers/fth/pdf/V33445_Sizing_Chart.pdf

---------------------------------

Thanks Kramer....will remember for next year!!!

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I bit and bought two of them last year and gifted them to both sons....  neither of them will use them, says they are just too much trouble to deal with.  They stick to the windows and are actually harder to get them AND the ice off because of it.  So they just don't use them.

I can see these ending up in thrift stores all over this great Nation~!!   

I just can't grasp the appeal of these things but they sell hundreds of thousands of them.

I cannot imagine trying to use them on a large truck.  My Dh's truck is an F-250.  How in the world would you even get that thing on the truck across the windshield?  I guess I'd have to hook it on one side and throw it across and hope I could grap it to hook the other side.  LOL

I think these would be good for people who get a light dusting of snow and not much more.  The demos crack me up with that little fluffy stuff they put on the Frostguard and then pour a little water on.

I have also brought up the fact that while yes this does your front windshield, what about the rest of the windows on your car?  Someone posted that she's never had to clean off any other windows of her car besides her front windshield.  Either she was one of those people who only cleans off the front and is a menace on the road because she can't see out of any other window until her defrost takes care of it, or she lives someplace where they get a light dusting and it blows off as she backs out of the driveway.  LOL

I live in Ohio.  We can get hammered with snow and you aren't going anywhere without cleaning off every window on your car/SUV.       

Honored Contributor

First off, I think the show hosts should just give us the facts concerning the item and not their personal testimonials or advice. Listen to the QVC Social Team gal Kim and they will make your purchase right. Regarding the Frost Guard, I ordered as per the advice of the vendor and both guards fit our vehicals. The regular for our Colbalt , the large for the Silverado truck and my husband loves them.

Honored Contributor

A former co-worker gave me one for Christmas 2014 and I love it.  I have a Hyundai Accent which is a small car.  The fit is fine.

The only problem or concern that I have with mine is that if it snows a lot, then gets very cold for a day or two, it will difficult to get the guard off.  It sticks to the windshield. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)