Honored Contributor

"We need to GET RID of these"??!!

Last evening l had on a Susan Graver show in the background, on Q2, with Kerstin hosting. I heard Kerstin say, when selling an item on clearance,"We need to get rid of these from the warehouse." Then she said that new Susan Graver items are coming in. I never heard of a host referring to a clearance item that way. If the Q wants to clear out items from inventory to make room for new arrivals, there are many more satisfactory ways of conveying that information to prospective buyers. SMH.  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: "We need to GET RID of these"??!!

@handygal2 I agree that viewers know what she meant, since other hosts have explained that before, but Kerstin's way of putting it was awkward.  I am not at all surprised; in her haste to be lightning fast, cutesy, and funny, Kerstin has mangled many explanations and descriptions in her presentations.  I am getting to the point of not being able to watch her shows any longer. 

Regular Contributor

Awkward, yes. Most of these gaffs now go over my head without notice. With the merchandise in question, I either like it or not. So much of the info provided by hosts, with some exceptions, is superfluous and not helpful. I like real facts in making decisions, like customer reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

@Msmajell

I agree wtih you.  I wish they would provide more information on sizing, especially.   I also go by the reviews, if it's not at least 4 stars, I don't buy it.  Way too much money to return!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@handygal2 I agree that viewers know what she meant, since other hosts have explained that before, but Kerstin's way of putting it was awkward.  I am not at all surprised; in her haste to be lightning fast, cutesy, and funny, Kerstin has mangled many explanations and descriptions in her presentations.  I am getting to the point of not being able to watch her shows any longer. 

The worst was when she described a pregnant woman with a slang term. I think she needs to clean up her language.

Honored Contributor

And, as always @handygal2... the way to accomplish that goal is to offer true sale pricing and free shipping...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

kristen flubs a lot in her attempt to be cute ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

kristen flubs a lot in her attempt to be cute ...

-------------------

She is one of the three hosts I will not watch!!  And I am not so sure that she "flubs" her comments on purpose!!  It has always seemed to me that she is not prepared to sell the products on her shows...gets colors and sizes wrong, descriptions are vague and so very busy looking at self in monitor!!

Super Contributor

Oh she is definetly one of three I cannot watch ...I don't know the flubbing

happens but she is sure impressed with herself ....

Respected Contributor

We all know what Clearance means; Kerstin says it like it is.  May not be a polished way of putting it but who really cares; clearance means clear it out!