Honored Contributor

@maximillian  @corita  - I agree.  Very well said @corita !

Respected Contributor

I think the consensus is that personal comments about hosts are "unkind" which is absolutely understandable.  Most of us would never knowingly post an unkind comment about a personal issue.   However, commenting about hosts' performances on air may or may not be permissable, and that's when confusion occurs. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's been pretty obvious to me that it depends upon the host involved.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Anyone in a public venue is going to be picked apart..news anchors, movie stars, politicians. It comes with the territory..if the hosts don't like it they can work at Kohls for $11 an hour. Its a fact of life that persons who elect to work on television will get both accolades and criticism.

Exactly.  I work in television and have been in the entertainment industry for a long time.  It's part of the job, and everyone in this business is well-aware of that (especially on-camera talent).

IMO QVC should be taking a close look at what people are saying and using it as constructive criticism.  Not everyone will like every host, of course, and not everyone will be annoyed by the same things.  But if common themes emerge (i.e. "Jane Doe" talks too fast"), they can use that info as a way to improve.

Of course criticisms shouldn't be stated in unkind ways.  The problem is that not everyone has the same definition of "unkind".  Some posters here think that anyone who disagrees with them is being unkind when that's not the case at all.  And that any criticism of hosts is unkind too. So it's somewhat subjective.  I think "She talks too fast" is okay to say, but "Her nose is too big" is not.  :-)

Occasional Contributor

I think the mods don't allow ANY honest ovservation, even if it is true and would help their sales. I'm OVERSATURATED with Jane and David Venable. It's just TOO MUCH. Every time I turn on QVC, it's either of them hosting. Getting a little old. So instead of BUYING (they ARE a sales channel), I switch to ANYTHING else, including the news Smiley Happy IF they were listening and not "policing", they could increase their sales by passing on constructive suggestions...just sayin...

Honored Contributor

@blabr wrote:

I think the mods don't allow ANY honest ovservation, even if it is true and would help their sales. I'm OVERSATURATED with Jane and David Venable. It's just TOO MUCH. Every time I turn on QVC, it's either of them hosting. Getting a little old. So instead of BUYING (they ARE a sales channel), I switch to ANYTHING else, including the news Smiley Happy IF they were listening and not "policing", they could increase their sales by passing on constructive suggestions...just sayin...

@blabr.  Why don’t posters understand that just because they don’t like something about a host doesn’t mean everyone else feels the same. 

I like Jane and I like David. I watch their shows and am glad they are on. 

So....Mods if you are listening, I like both David and Jane and feel they are doing a great job! 

Honored Contributor

And they call Millennials the ‘me,me’ generation! LoL

Honored Contributor

Posters are mean to other posters too.  I think QVC should appreciate "constructive criticism" of the hosts and also the compliments the hosts receive here.

Esteemed Contributor

@blabr wrote:

------------------

Besides Jane and David, I feel the same way about Rachel, Kirsten and Shawn!  Way too over exposed and hosts that I don't enjoy. 

So I have also stopped watching QVC except for a couple of specific presentations!

Respected Contributor

You see, Program Hosts have very fragile egos.  They have to be constantly pumped and primped or they settle into a funk and that looks bad in front of the camera.  In fact, tney might get so unsettled that they'd go to work foir a competing TV Shopping Channel.