Honored Contributor

I have a hard time thinking any adult has any confusion about what kind of remarks they are talking about.  As well of what malicious gossip means. 

Pretty much any of those "I don mean to. . . , BUT. . . " fall in line don't they? 

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit that some of the things said about me or hosts and vendors on these boards has truly shocked me!  This goes way beyond "constructive" criticism or feedback.

Other than the Golden Rule--- I think a good standard is always--how would I feel if this was said about a parent, spouse, child, sibling or other loved relative.  So I do think it's subjective but not that difficult---and I do think given the number of posts and threads the mods don't see everything. This is why I think it's always important for us to flag posts that we feel go too far.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion the mods have a better handle on intervening when comments concern hosts and vendors (even if subjective) than when comments are between posters.

Honored Contributor

I disagree with some of you.  While I know it's a difficult job I also think these people are human.

This is very subjective.  Just what was posted here proves that.

I think most people here are 'well spoken' and are not unkind.

I believe the term is 'constructive criticism'.  Who couldn't improve from constructive criticism?

I've seen it here BEFORE it was zapped.  Like I said, it's a job that is subjective.

It would be interesting to read the job description.  I left for awhile because I felt like a little kid in kindergarden.  

I've rarely been zapped but then I often don't say what I'm thinking because I'm pretty sure it would get zapped.  It isn't a thought that was rude or mean just something that I think would be my opinion.  I'm sure we've all been there, done that.

But then, it does belong to QVC (excuse me Q) so they have a right to .................

Respected Contributor

There is something called "constructive criticism" which I feel is necessary since many of us can no longer watch due to the childish antics of immature hosts.  

Valued Contributor

Without being unkind,I would like to say to all the hosts that happen to read this....Please ,while doing your presentation...do not speed talk,laugh hystercaly,discuss what you like,...remember we are the customers,we will decide what we like and please ,please,give us all the information about the product,after all that is why we are watching.Thank You

Trusted Contributor

I think TPTB want us to comment on how well - or how badly - a host is performing.  Sales figures can tell them the bottom line, but our comments reflect the feelings behind those sales figures.  Anything else is probably off limits to a certain point. 

Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

Without being unkind,I would like to say to all the hosts that happen to read this....Please ,while doing your presentation...do not speed talk,laugh hystercaly,discuss what you like,...remember we are the customers,we will decide what we like and please ,please,give us all the information about the product,after all that is why we are watching.Thank You

@mosky  - I don't think any of the hosts read our postings here.  You may want to message them on facebook or IG.  They will surely receive your message there and may even respond to you.

Honored Contributor

IMO.  I've seen some posters who are pretty rabid fans of certain hosts.  I think many report posts because they cannot stand even the slightest criticism of their favorite host/s.   They forget these are salespeople who are trying to make a buck, not a friend or relative.  I don't understand it but I've seen enough posts over the years to know it's true.

And yes, a few do cross the line but I find those are pretty rare.  

Honored Contributor

Re: "Unkind to host"?

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

IMO.  I've seen some posters who are pretty rabid fans of certain hosts.  I think many report posts because they cannot stand even the slightest criticism of their favorite host/s.   They forget these are salespeople who are trying to make a buck, not a friend or relative.  I don't understand it but I've seen enough posts over the years to know it's true.

And yes, a few do cross the line but I find those are pretty rare.  

@CalminHeart 

You are so right!

And there was a perfect example on Facebook Live....David was doing his first Home With David Show and asked viewers to post comments on Facebook Live what they thought of the new show, things they liked about it, things they didn't like, and things they'd like to see.....People posted opinions in a very nice and cordial manner---

Things like:

More unique products David

Love the show, but too many items we've seen presented before, more variety please

Like the concept, but too many kitchen/cooking items, too much like ITKWD

And similar comments....

Well one person posted something on everyone's post that didnt give a strictly positive comment....with some snarky comments and how could people be so mean and nasty, David doesn't chose the prouducts, he's a wonderful host and wonderful human being...just dont watch and quit posting here etc etc....People pointed out that David himself asked and wanted this feedback and called her a stalker...that didn't deter her and she continued with her tirade, so I had enough, I left the Facebook Live Page and turned the channel.....

Some people take this stuff too far---but that's QVC's fault for turning TV sales people into celebrities...and problems are  created for the hosts too when fans go overboard --and some even turn into stalkers...CRAZY!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”