Trusted Contributor

To me it's all about the Golden Rule Heart

But that hasn't been such a popular perspective when I have tried to articulate it in previous threads!!

Contributor
Political correctness on steroids..
Regular Contributor

There is a certain male host that gets under my skin, for a whole host of reasons.  Many moons ago, Heidi Klum was selling her line of jewelry, he was the host and  I remember her just looking at him as if "what the heck are you doing?".  He is very well liked, but his style of selling and relating to viewers doesnt work for me.  Just change the channel!  Women, in general, have been bashing others since the beginning of time.  I personally would prefer to be in a room full of men or strong women, over the usual woman because they will cut you, if not for what your wearing, your weight, your hair, nails, purse...the list goes on.  Chill out girls, find something else more constructive to take up your mental space.  

Respected Contributor
Anyone in a public venue is going to be picked apart..news anchors, movie stars, politicians. It comes with the territory..if the hosts don't like it they can work at Kohls for $11 an hour. Its a fact of life that persons who elect to work on television will get both accolades and criticism.
Honored Contributor

What some might interpret as "unkind," others would call "helpful." When l express opinions that aren't glowing or gushing, the purpose is to improve the hosts' performances. That's called constructive criticism, and is not meant to be mean-spirited. This should result in higher sales, which is QVC's goal, isn't it?

I notice that "unkind" posts about a couple of the hosts get deleted right away, but those regarding other hosts are not removed at all...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I miss the days before "mods" were a thing.  I remember when they asked everyone if we WANTED Q employees to be able to post here.  Uh, no, thank you.  Happened anyway.  Too much control.  I don't like it.

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic I just read your comments.  I had a state job for 30 years and for 30 years I had an annual evaluation.  The evaluations covered everything from appearance, including how we dressed and were groomed--hard to believe--how we got along with customers and co-workers, attendance, etc.  If you disagreed with the review we were allowed to grieve it.  OK, this was an excellent job with great pay and benefits-though I'm sure it was nowhere near the 6-figure salaries the Q's hosts are making.

Even after retiring, I worked for another 6 years at very low-paying jobs that also had yearly evaluations.  My point is this.  Nobody should comment on a host's religion, race, nationality.  But commenting on a public figure's make-up, fingernails, hair-do, silliness is "unkind"?

Speculating on a host's size or diet method is entirely different than saying the host is a liar.  Commenting on a host's speech pattern which could be annoying to some is different than saying the host needs a speech therapist.  Commenting on a host's clothing be too tight  is different from the saying the host needs to get her fat  behind in a pair of jeans 2 sizes larger.

OK, I'm almost done with my rant.  I think the mods do a great job most of the time but sometimes I don't understand why some posts are poofed and others that say basically the same are allowed.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

What some might interpret as "unkind," others would call "helpful." When l express opinions that aren't glowing or gushing, the purpose is to improve the hosts' performances. That's called constructive criticism, and is not meant to be mean-spirited. This should result in higher sales, which is QVC's goal, isn't it?

I notice that "unkind" posts about a couple of the hosts get deleted right away, but those regarding other hosts are not removed at all...

@handygal2 . But since everyone has a different opinion on each host, how does that work. Some posters criticize hosts who I like and have no criticism. Who’s point should they take. And vice versa. 

Each poster has her favorite and least favorite. If we take everyone’s helpful hints, there wouldn’t be any hosts left.

posters don’t like JT taking about her family and personal life. They want it to stop. I enjoy it and want it to continue. What do we do??

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2 . But since everyone has a different opinion on each host, how does that work. Some posters criticize hosts who I like and have no criticism. Who’s point should they take. And vice versa. 

Each poster has her favorite and least favorite. If we take everyone’s helpful hints, there wouldn’t be any hosts left.

posters don’t like JT taking about her family and personal life. They want it to stop. I enjoy it and want it to continue. What do we do??

@proudlyfromNJ : You make a good point. We do all have different opinions-- and favorites-- and l think that's a good thing. But l think there's always room for improvement!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is reposting a deleted post