Esteemed Contributor

"Reduced S&H": just spotted this in a new shoe? WTW?

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 8.58.11 AM.png

What's this about? 

"Reduced S&H" from $9.97 to $5.00.

I thought the new shipping and handling charges were permanent?  Is this changing?

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: "Reduced S&H": just spotted this in a new shoe? WTW?

[ Edited ]

I believe the new shipping pricies are for beauty and fashion only. Shoes were not included in that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went into the shoe collection and pulled up all pumps from other brands. I looked at 20+ shoes and all were $5.00 s/h 

EXCEPT....

G.I.L.I. which shows $9.97 for all their newest offerings.

Hmm.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

QVC is so all over the board with new shipping/handling whocan keep up??!!  I think it's ridiculous and I think they choose to charge whatever on a whim, it sure seems that way.  The only stuff I know for sure is $3.00 on clothing but it costs us WAY more sending it back if the goods don't fit - which seems to be the norm anymore.

Shoes s/h - sometimes it's $5.00 other times it's more.  Sometimes it's included, other times not.  I don't get it.

I do like the fact they s/h is always included in food stuff that you may choose to buy.  I don't anymore but every once in awhile I used to. 

Honored Contributor

Actually, I think the new shipping costs are working for me.  Yes, I don't get my $3 back if I return the item and that's an extra cost.  BUT -  the return cost is the same as it was, so the only real difference from before is the $3 and since that's a big improvement over the shipping costs from the past, I really hope QVC continues with the new policy or even figures out how to charge less.

I have already saved dollars this year far beyond what I the few dollars I spent to return something that didn't fit.  If I had bothered to measure myself before I ordered, I wouldn't have had to make even that returnl the pabts I ordered were made well, but I ignored the measurements.  Stupid of me, but I certainly learned a good lesson and maybe all our clothes would cost less if we shoppers made fewer returns.  Guaranteed, those dollars are figured into the costs we'rte paying.  There is no such thing as free shipping, but advertising it pays big dividends.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

I believe the new shipping pricies are for beauty and fashion only. Shoes were not included in that.

And for jewelry items.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

And for jewelry items.

Yes jewelry also. I fogot that one. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Standard S&H on shoes is $5.00 UNLESS they are over $100.  Then the S&H is astronomical.  (Even if the shoes are so lightweight you think they forgot to put them in the box. LOL!)

I think Handbags have the same policy as the shoes, but I'm not sure, because I can't remember the last time I saw a handbag under $100.

Smiley Mad

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

Return costs did not change, I do agree with this.  However it costs me more to return because I'm not getting anything back in return costs.  I get some items for $3.00 but if I return it, it still costs me $6.95 if I use the pre-printed label and at least $5.00 if I return on my own.  I do not get any of these return costs back in my refund.  This is NOT a good deal.

Honored Contributor

A shipping charge of almost $10 for a pair of shoes is ridiculous. Footwear is an even bigger gamble fit-wise than any other clothing item. So a "try-on fee" for a pair of shoes over $100 is about $17 if you have to return them?! 

That doesn't work for me! Nor does a $19 loss on a handbag return, for that matter.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~