Honored Contributor

I have to laugh at this almost every day.  Things appear on here for me that I would never ever purchase, like LOGO.....just not my taste in clothing.

And, things appear after I have purchased an item that I just finished ordering.....right after I have ordered it.  That makes no sense.  Like the Belleek cross I ordered. 

Also the D&B hand bags......never open up anything from the Home Page that would indicate I would be interested in any of them.

I order things I am interested in and don't really like to have suggestions for things I wouldn't be interested in.

Esteemed Contributor

Same for me, I always get food suggestions. I have such dietary restrictions I could not buy. 

Honored Contributor

I clear my cache and cookies and sign on from multiple computers.  How does this site even know it's me?  I get recommendations before I even sign in.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Before I cancelled my emails from the Q they were mostly mattresses and vacuums! How many does one need?! I wouldn't buy either of those online myself as I live close to those types of stores. I mostly buy clothes online, like seeing how they look on various models as I can't judge on a hanger in the store and don't bring a tape measure with me.

Honored Contributor

I don't even pay attention to it.  Useless "information" as far as I'm concerned.   Fill that space with a 20% off coupon!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I think the "recommended" items are things that are sitting in inventory too long, and the Q is anxious to sell them off.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I think the "recommended" items are things that are sitting in inventory too long, and the Q is anxious to sell them off.

No, I don't think they do that......many of the things I look at on my e-mails and on their home page are things I have just looked at......and things they are currently showing on air......

Occasional Contributor

I agree, and I certainly DON'T like the LOGO clothes at all, they look very thin for the outrages prices! I don't usually buy clothing on QVC I like cotton organic clothing.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

No, I don't think they do that......many of the things I look at on my e-mails and on their home page are things I have just looked at......and things they are currently showing on air......

That makes sense. But for me, it's different. I opted out of their marketing emails, and l don't browse their products often. So in my case, they don't have much basis to recommend items, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

The marketing devices are phenomenal. "People who have purchased this, have also looked at this" is around now.

Just look at a company, and cookies will trail you with everything you looked at. And if you buy, it never goes away!