Respected Contributor

Re: "Listen "you guys"..

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308  I think what @Johnnyeager was talking about is the constant responses on past threads where people are told to "change the channel" whenever there's a complaint about a host or anything else on the Q.   It (like a lot of other sayiings) has become old and tired IMO.  My opinion on  it is this is a message board/forum where many things are discussed----especially stuff pertaining to QVC which of course includes hosts. And sure,  maybe not everything should be pointed out, but what do you think SHOULD be discussed?

Contributor

"You guys" is definitely not relegated or native to the Northeast.  I was born in Los Angeles and raised in Orange County and am a third generation Californian.  We grew up saying "you guys".  It's a very common colloquialism in California.  

I recommend a fun and interesting book which amazingly pinpoints where someone is from (state and region of the state) based on the words that we use.  It's called SPEAKING AMERICAN How Y'all, Youse, and You Guys Talk - A Visual Guide By Josh Katz.  It's a great coffe table book and has maps of the U.S. shaded in for different words and phrases where you can see the preponderance of where they are spoken.  On page 27 is the map specifically showing the states that say "you guys", "y'all" or "you all"(Kentucky) and notes that 30% of the people in Pittsburgh and its surroundings would say "yins".  

Super Contributor
Lori is from and filming in New York so the comment that this is a West Coast term or phrase just doesn't apply or cut it ...that said . It appears that if the vendor irritating you by just saying a friendly hello or her way of addressing the customer is IMO petty and perhaps you should focus on more important issues affecting our country or the world today. This doesn't appear to be helping you relax or enjoy the presentation. Change the channel.
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Etoile308  I think what @Johnnyeager was talking about is the constant responses on past threads where people are told to "change the channel" whenever there's a complaint about a host or anything else on the Q.   It (like a lot of other sayiings) has become old and tired IMO.  My opinion on  it is this is a message board/forum where many things are discussed----especially stuff pertaining to QVC which of course includes hosts. And sure,  maybe not everything should be pointed out, but what do you think SHOULD be discussed?

@KKJ 

WELL SAID!!! 👍

They complain about people complaining, but I guess its okay to complain about what people post........🤔?????  Maybe some should skip the thread, perhaps!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”