Valued Contributor

This reminds me of the time a parent complained that I was picking on the boys because I always said, "You, guys"

Every year after that, at Open House Night I would tell my parents, "You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take the New York out of the girl."

Grew up in Queens, New York but moved at 21. Taught in Miami for 44 years. Thought I had lost my accent. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I think what @mariadomenica is pointing out is that Lori says it over and over and over again!

Respected Contributor

So what should we use instead ... HEY YOU ???

Respected Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

It doesn't bother me in the least. As for the "you ladies", how about the men, that might be watching? 

QVC corporate doesn't care. Mike George refers to the QVC and HSN customer exclusively with the she/her/hers pronouns.

Esteemed Contributor

I, along with many people, find the word "lady" offensive and demeaning. "You guys" is not problematic. 

Honored Contributor

"You Guys" doesn't bother me but if someone calls me "Honey" or "Hon", it creeps me out. "Sweetie" I don't like either...

Honored Contributor

Re: "Listen "you guys"..

[ Edited ]

@mariadomenica"I am a "women" of a certain age."

Would it have made a difference if you were not "of a certain age?"  confused.gif

I am always confused when women make that statement.  Where does "a cetain age start?"  Over 21?  30?  40? 50?  60? 70?   80?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

The term doen't bother me, but when almost every sentence is prefaced by it, I can see it getting annoying.

I don't care for the phrase "side-bar."  I can't watch the hostess that uses it all the time (for other reasons as well) and noticed she used it even when it really didn't make sense to do so.

Guess we all have our triggers.Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor
You could just change the channel.
Esteemed Contributor

I am not offended when being collectively referred to as "you guys" among a group of women. However, I find the recent number of host/vendor bashing threads to be very disconcerting; particularly when there is a simple solution to such disdain.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖