Valued Contributor

No apolgies...I can't stand watching any Lori Goldstein shows.  How many times does she say "Listen you guys"  !   Really I am not a prood.  I am a "women" of a certain age.  I watch amny shows on QVC, especially when I want to distance myself from politics or news.  I am insulted to be addressed by "you guys".  How about ..Lori saying "Listen ladies"....She has NO class....Still some of her designs like that 3 color cardigan was hideous !!  She had started to design some very pretty stuff.  Does everfything have to be so long and flowy ?   The color-blocking is just NOT pretty.

Trusted Contributor

I am not particularly, a fan of Lori's designs.  

However, it seems that everybody, their sister and brother, all say "you guys". 

It doesn't bother me in the least. As for the "you ladies", how about the men, that might be watching? 

Regular Contributor

Anyone remember the old TV show "The Electric Company"?  At the beginning of each show Rita Moreno would scream "HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!" in an extremely obnoxious voice.  Maybe she used to watch it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Listen "you guys"..

[ Edited ]

While I don't care for Lori's clothes I don't care what I'm called. Except I don't want to be called Mrs. I hate that one. If anyone calls me Mrs I know darn well I don't know you. Call me ladies, guys, hey you, people etc. 

Honored Contributor

I have never watched her--don't like her clothing--but I use the term "you guys" myself and am not offended when other people do.

Honored Contributor

That term doesn't bother me in the least and I prefer it to "ladies."

Maybe it's a west coast phrase 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Ditto @tansy .  I much prefer it to "Ladies!"

I thought it was a Jersey phrase lol.

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

While I don't care for Lori's clothes I don't care what I'm called. Except I don't want to be called Mrs. I hate that one. Call me ladies, guys, hey you, people etc. 

---

Don't go to the northeast of England if you want to avoid that one.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Ditto @tansy .  I much prefer it to "Ladies!"

I thought it was a Jersey phrase lol.

——————

I grew up with it in the Midwest LOL. After living further south before the west, I now interchange it with y’all 😄

Super Contributor

Re: "Listen "you guys"..

[ Edited ]

It's an East Coast/Northeast term.  It's not meant to be offensive.