Honored Contributor

I'm watching the Belle by Kim Gravel show and they are showing some Hollywood Waist FlexiBelle Jeans.  The host, Jane, right?, says that if you're tall and want them shorter, like pedal pushers, "just buy petite".  Isn't Jane a petite?  Doesn't she know that petites have a shorter rise than regular sizing?  Sure, just buy petit if you want to have a wedgie all day long.

In an earlier presentation for some T's with a little ring at the bottom with the fabric pulled through, Kim says "You don't want just a basic T".  Now, I know that's just a sales pitch, but yes, I DO want just a basic T because I might want to tuck it in.  Also, in the same presentation, Kim yells out "These are supposed to last the whole season, right?"  Well, I would hope so.  I never buy clothing that I expect to ONLY last one season.  I expect T's to last me several years.  Sure, the dark ones are going to fade and won't last as long as lighter color T's, but I would still expect even a dark colored T to last me more than one season.

Valued Contributor
Are you sure Kim didn’t mean that QUANTITY brought in is supposed to last the season?

I hate when they start talking about sizing not mattering. Size up, size down, go for petite, go for tall...there is such a thing as proper fit.

Their attitude is why so many on air look like they were stuffed into sausage casings.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm certain that Kim meant that the supply they had in stock was meant to last the entire season - as in, they won't be ordering any more for this selling season, if they sell out.

No vendor would say that a clothing item would only last you one season, if you were lucky!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess    Why do you watch that stuff?  Those two together are insufferable.  Alone they're just unbearable.  Just check the items aired.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Everybody, I guess you're right about it being the quantity was supposed to last the season.  That makes sense.  I was just so surprised when she said it.

@Kachina624, normally I wouldn't, but I am so sick of Corona virus everywhere, the main channels had sporting event reruns, and I just couldn't find anything else I was interested in watching.  It's really more background noise than anything else.

Respected Contributor

I personally think that is a bunch of baloney.  The rise in petites versus regular lengths is a major issue for most.  I am 5'8" tall, size large.  No way can I wear a "true" petite length in anything especially pants.  

Trusted Contributor

AND I love when they do the opposite and have a regular size piece of clothing and say that even petites can wear although it's dragging on the floor.  SG is notorious for saying that.  JRT also will wear a regular size and my goodness, it looks horrible.  Pulease!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

YES!!!  Took the words right out of my mouth.  

"Insufferable" - perfect description.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown