Honored Contributor

Re: "Insider": QVC you're not being fair.

2.  Text Messages for OTOs - If you set this up at some point back in the day, you get these.  At thsi time, that section is grayed out/blocked out, so no one can subscribe to these currently.

Anyone can opt in for text messages that will include early notification of TSVs but along with it comes a virtual flood of emails regarding everything!  I delete about 20 superfluous QVC emails a day and am close to opting out completely.... just not worth it. But I don't ever remember seeing the text messages for OTOs ... and now I'm kinda glad I missed the opportunity.... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

The Insider has long been a sore point with me.  We have two classes of people, The Haves and The Have Nots. I've been mad about it for so long th a t I wouldn't have it or the highly prized link if offered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@gardensla @stevieb and all others.... The insideQ magazine is free for all to enjoy at this time.  If you'd like to be added to the list of subscribers please email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we'd be happy to add you.  We certainly don't want anyone to feel that's it's a "secret club".  Look forward to hearing from you.  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@gardensla @stevieb and all others.... The insideQ magazine is free for all to enjoy at this time.  If you'd like to be added to the list of subscribers please email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we'd be happy to add you.  We certainly don't want anyone to feel that's it's a "secret club".  Look forward to hearing from you.  Smiley Happy  

Hi Melvin--it's nice that you posted this. I actually did email about 3 months ago and have yet to receive a link to the Insider.

I'll try once more. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

There are many things QVC does that I do not perceive as being fair as a customer (there may be some rationale internally at QVC that justifies all of the things that are given to customers randomly, but it is not transparent to the customers).

1.  The Insider - Those of us who were subscribed at the time that it was closed to new customers received a letter.  I have my letter.  I got my Insider for about 2 months in the mail and then never received it again.  I also never received the email from QVC with the link.  I emailed Troy (the editor of the Insider) and he emailed me the link and said he didn't know why my subscription stopped.  I was also told to subscribe to all newletters from QVC (which I already was, so that wasn't the problem).

Periodically, there are posts on here from QVC Social  telling posters that they can add them to the Insider list.  Or, people call Customer Service and Customer Service adds them to the list.

Why are we adding people if it's closed to new customers?  And why are some people added and not others?

This is the great mystery.  At least if there was an explanation it would help people move on (whether they liked the answer or not).

2.  Text Messages for OTOs - If you set this up at some point back in the day, you get these.  At thsi time, that section is grayed out/blocked out, so no one can subscribe to these currently.

WHY?  I would probably buy more OTOs if I knew about them.

3.  Birthday Gifts - lately we've seen a few threads from people who received tote bags as birthday gifts to customers.  No explanation as to who or why this is done.  Again, it sets up a "haves" and the "have nots" community. 

4.  Easy Pay on Demand - Again, sent randomly to customers.  I have been a customer since 1993 and I got the card one time about 10 years ago.  My co-worker gets the card annually at Thanksgiving.  More "haves" and "have nots."

All true... and I'll add to the list advance order emails... Before one of the many website reconfiguarations, I used to get emails in advance to order merchandise it was clear (I assume based on my email notification selections) would potentially be of interest to me. They abrubtly stopped. I contacted CS, who indiciated they would turn them back on. It never happened. Likewise, twice in recent memory I was suppose to have EP on demand on my account. Neither ever showed up and when I contacted CS about the last one they said they'd take care of it. Again, it never happened. One begins to wonder if there really is a method to their madness or if the whole operation has just gone slip-shod. Either way, I never used either of the EP on demand offers and I still don't get advance order emails. 

Thank you!

I have heard the lore of the Advanced TSV Email, but have never seen one.  Even though I have been subscribed to every item in the list of things you can get, I never get anything from QVC other than the TSV every night at midnight and my order emails.

It's perplexing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@Melvin-QVC  Thanks for your response, Melvin... It's appreciated. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

There are many things QVC does that I do not perceive as being fair as a customer (there may be some rationale internally at QVC that justifies all of the things that are given to customers randomly, but it is not transparent to the customers).

1.  The Insider - Those of us who were subscribed at the time that it was closed to new customers received a letter.  I have my letter.  I got my Insider for about 2 months in the mail and then never received it again.  I also never received the email from QVC with the link.  I emailed Troy (the editor of the Insider) and he emailed me the link and said he didn't know why my subscription stopped.  I was also told to subscribe to all newletters from QVC (which I already was, so that wasn't the problem).

Periodically, there are posts on here from QVC Social  telling posters that they can add them to the Insider list.  Or, people call Customer Service and Customer Service adds them to the list.

Why are we adding people if it's closed to new customers?  And why are some people added and not others?

This is the great mystery.  At least if there was an explanation it would help people move on (whether they liked the answer or not).

WHY?  I would probably buy more OTOs if I knew about them.

3.  Birthday Gifts - lately we've seen a few threads from people who received tote bags as birthday gifts to customers.  No explanation as to who or why this is done.  Again, it sets up a "haves" and the "have nots" community. 

4.  Easy Pay on Demand - Again, sent randomly to customers.  I have been a customer since 1993 and I got the card one time about 10 years ago.  My co-worker gets the card annually at Thanksgiving.  More "haves" and "have nots."

All true... and I'll add to the list advance order emails... Before one of the many website reconfiguarations, I used to get emails in advance to order merchandise it was clear (I assume based on my email notification selections) would potentially be of interest to me. They abrubtly stopped. I contacted CS, who indiciated they would turn them back on. It never happened. Likewise, twice in recent memory I was suppose to have EP on demand on my account. Neither ever showed up and when I contacted CS about the last one they said they'd take care of it. Again, it never happened. One begins to wonder if there really is a method to their madness or if the whole operation has just gone slip-shod. Either way, I never used either of the EP on demand offers and I still don't get advance order emails. 

Thank you!

I have heard the lore of the Advanced TSV Email, but have never seen one.  Even though I have been subscribed to every item in the list of things you can get, I never get anything from QVC other than the TSV every night at midnight and my order emails.

It's perplexing.

It really is @VaBelle35. I have friends who get them and I used to get them all the time, but no longer, It's annoying, and yes, perplexing. And as for the daily TSV emails, even then mine come late. Not a problem as there's rarely a TSV of interest anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I do know that in the past, things that were offered early  through Facebook in lines like Valerie Parr Hill or Temptations, are very easy to access. You don't have to belong to Facebook or have any account to go to these vendor's public Facebook pages. They are open to anyone. There are usually links posted there with pictures of the special or advanced offereing, and all you have to do is click on the link to proceed to the item number and ordering process.

All the hosts, and the vendors have public FB pages and you can see their sneak peeks,  as well as comments and postings by other people, you just can't reply or ask questions without an account. 

I am not sufficiently interesed in the facebook/twitter posts of the hosts. I am sure they are delightful people, perhaps really interesting in some ways, but I have real friends with whom I stay in communication. I don't want or need tv hosts I will never meet in my circle of friends. I like and enjoy them for what they are - sales people on television.  

QVC is in the business of selling merchandise to people. Does it make sense to play "hide and seek" with that merchandise?  Just put it out there, make it simple to order and wait for the results - that seems to me how it ought to be and would be if I were in charge of sales. No special interests, no perks for preferred folks. I find all this Social Media stuff grossly unfair to those of us who don't need to tell everyone what we had for breakfast this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I was an Insider person.  I quit, and just after I did it became free and I could not get back on.  I really have no clue why they do it the way they do.  I have no real interest other than to feel that fair is fair and this one is not fair.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just called Customer Service and asked to be put back on the Insider.  They took the request and told me it might take a few weeks.  Not sure what that meant.  But perhaps those of you who are interested can also call, you too will be given the same message, that they will put in a request.  Who knows it might work.