Esteemed Contributor

"Insider": QVC you're not being fair.

I don't think it's fair that if you were able to secure the link in the Insider for the Halston sweater TSV, you could take advantage of a FIVE easy payments offer. If you order today, it's only TWO.

This "Insider" thing is just wrong because no new subscriptions are being offered and you have to write to QVC Social and ask them to be put on this list; for which there is no guarantee that it will happen.

Open it up to everyone, or do away with it. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Re: "Insider": QVC you're not being fair.

I wish I could have subscription. If they don't open to everyone I think it would be nice to be a paid subscription or something earned after the customer spent X amount of dollars.
Honored Contributor

@gardensla

You might try this; links for QVC TSV's are posted here... don't ask me why or how?

Blue skies for me

HTH somebody!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

You did use to have to pay to be a Q Insider. The ones that were paying are now the ones that get it free. I imagine there are some that never did pay that are on the list. The ones that did pay are still rewarded with some extra e-z pay. Not a big deal IMO. Like others said go to Peacemanor or Blue Skies (same thing) & the info is posted there monthly. You can also email Q Social to be added to the list. I have the link to the Insider that I saved before it got poofed when someone posted the link on the forums. I also read a post not long ago that you can get the link on Delphi Forums. I have not looked there to see how easy it is to find on that site. You can almost always find what you are looking for if you use a search engine.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I don't think it's fair that if you were able to secure the link in the Insider for the Halston sweater TSV, you could take advantage of a FIVE easy payments offer. If you order today, it's only TWO.

This "Insider" thing is just wrong because no new subscriptions are being offered and you have to write to QVC Social and ask them to be put on this list; for which there is no guarantee that it will happen.

You have to wonder if they aren't trying to create a market for it so they can start charging for it again. When it was a paid subscription (and not cheap) I tried it for a year and found it pretty worthless. Then, the price went down but I opted not to renew anyway. Next thing you know, it's free but only to a chosen few... Honestly, other retailers send out sale books and flyers on a consistent basis to their customers, you'd think they could do the same. No, uh, uh...  Instead they horde it and then blast posters for offering "Insider" information. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Yep, offering something to a few but not the many is never fair. That's why I resent so much their offering things connected to Facebook, Twitter, etc. Many of us choose not to involve outselves in Social Media, and thus are restricted from purchsing certain things. For example, recently Carolyn (my favorite host) offered corduroy slacks ahead of time if you bought them through Facebook.  

Same goes for this new Q Card thing. I've been with QVC since they were CVN, and have been a good customer.  But if I choose to use other payment methods I can only have a  Easy Pays on some items - not all.  The Q card doesn't offer me anything except 3 Easy Pays, so it's not worth giving up the perks of other cards.  Fair is only fair is everyone is treated equally.

Honored Contributor

There are many things QVC does that I do not perceive as being fair as a customer (there may be some rationale internally at QVC that justifies all of the things that are given to customers randomly, but it is not transparent to the customers).

1.  The Insider - Those of us who were subscribed at the time that it was closed to new customers received a letter.  I have my letter.  I got my Insider for about 2 months in the mail and then never received it again.  I also never received the email from QVC with the link.  I emailed Troy (the editor of the Insider) and he emailed me the link and said he didn't know why my subscription stopped.  I was also told to subscribe to all newletters from QVC (which I already was, so that wasn't the problem).

Periodically, there are posts on here from QVC Social  telling posters that they can add them to the Insider list.  Or, people call Customer Service and Customer Service adds them to the list.

Why are we adding people if it's closed to new customers?  And why are some people added and not others?

This is the great mystery.  At least if there was an explanation it would help people move on (whether they liked the answer or not).

2.  Text Messages for OTOs - If you set this up at some point back in the day, you get these.  At thsi time, that section is grayed out/blocked out, so no one can subscribe to these currently.

WHY?  I would probably buy more OTOs if I knew about them.

3.  Birthday Gifts - lately we've seen a few threads from people who received tote bags as birthday gifts to customers.  No explanation as to who or why this is done.  Again, it sets up a "haves" and the "have nots" community. 

4.  Easy Pay on Demand - Again, sent randomly to customers.  I have been a customer since 1993 and I got the card one time about 10 years ago.  My co-worker gets the card annually at Thanksgiving.  More "haves" and "have nots."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

You are exactly right, they are treating it like a secret club.

@gardensla wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

There are many things QVC does that I do not perceive as being fair as a customer (there may be some rationale internally at QVC that justifies all of the things that are given to customers randomly, but it is not transparent to the customers).

1.  The Insider - Those of us who were subscribed at the time that it was closed to new customers received a letter.  I have my letter.  I got my Insider for about 2 months in the mail and then never received it again.  I also never received the email from QVC with the link.  I emailed Troy (the editor of the Insider) and he emailed me the link and said he didn't know why my subscription stopped.  I was also told to subscribe to all newletters from QVC (which I already was, so that wasn't the problem).

Periodically, there are posts on here from QVC Social  telling posters that they can add them to the Insider list.  Or, people call Customer Service and Customer Service adds them to the list.

Why are we adding people if it's closed to new customers?  And why are some people added and not others?

This is the great mystery.  At least if there was an explanation it would help people move on (whether they liked the answer or not).

2.  Text Messages for OTOs - If you set this up at some point back in the day, you get these.  At thsi time, that section is grayed out/blocked out, so no one can subscribe to these currently.

WHY?  I would probably buy more OTOs if I knew about them.

3.  Birthday Gifts - lately we've seen a few threads from people who received tote bags as birthday gifts to customers.  No explanation as to who or why this is done.  Again, it sets up a "haves" and the "have nots" community. 

4.  Easy Pay on Demand - Again, sent randomly to customers.  I have been a customer since 1993 and I got the card one time about 10 years ago.  My co-worker gets the card annually at Thanksgiving.  More "haves" and "have nots."

All true... and I'll add to the list advance order emails... Before one of the many website reconfiguarations, I used to get emails in advance to order merchandise it was clear (I assume based on my email notification selections) would potentially be of interest to me. They abrubtly stopped. I contacted CS, who indiciated they would turn them back on. It never happened. Likewise, twice in recent memory I was suppose to have EP on demand on my account. Neither ever showed up and when I contacted CS about the last one they said they'd take care of it. Again, it never happened. One begins to wonder if there really is a method to their madness or if the whole operation has just gone slip-shod. Either way, I never used either of the EP on demand offers and I still don't get advance order emails. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Yep, offering something to a few but not the many is never fair. That's why I resent so much their offering things connected to Facebook, Twitter, etc. Many of us choose not to involve outselves in Social Media, and thus are restricted from purchsing certain things. For example, recently Carolyn (my favorite host) offered corduroy slacks ahead of time if you bought them through Facebook.  

Same goes for this new Q Card thing. I've been with QVC since they were CVN, and have been a good customer.  But if I choose to use other payment methods I can only have a  Easy Pays on some items - not all.  The Q card doesn't offer me anything except 3 Easy Pays, so it's not worth giving up the perks of other cards.  Fair is only fair is everyone is treated equally.

@Perkup

I do know that in the past, things that were offered early  through Facebook in lines like Valerie Parr Hill or Temptations, are very easy to access. You don't have to belong to Facebook or have any account to go to these vendor's public Facebook pages. They are open to anyone. There are usually links posted there with pictures of the special or advanced offereing, and all you have to do is click on the link to proceed to the item number and ordering process.

All the hosts, and the vendors have public FB pages and you can see their sneak peeks,  as well as comments and postings by other people, you just can't reply or ask questions without an account.